Woman Marine footlocker grouping.

market garden

market garden

I purchased this about two years ago. At first I bought the dress hat and another in a box. Then was told there was more in a footlocker. So I purchased the

rest. This all from the woman's estate.

I believe I payed about $185.00 for the grouping and other things popped up that went with the grouping ie: Alarm clock,more kaki shirts,blankets and

her brothers Army laundry bag.

I did not recieve though her winter dress uniform or shoes/boots or a photograph of her in uniform. They were not found. Looks like I have everything else.

Edna Birkett Henry enlisted in the Marines 22 June 43 and was discharged on 25 October 45. She served as a secretary at the Naval Air station at Cherry

Point NC.

I have her desk calander with notes. The first images are of her "fatigue' uniforms. She was issued men's HBT first then the female version later.

Several sets of the womans bibs one with cutter tags. also I a HBT skirt/shorts and a light shirt (no USMC stenciled). Several kaki shirts and ties., A crepe'

blouse and skirt with the white buttons. Two sweat shirts with USMC and Cherry point NC. , A green issued T-shirt and a white one.

also I have the undergarments she wore. Lots of paper work. Any thing you would like a close up of tell me and I'll post it. These items were going on e-bay

by the owners neice. I told her I did WW 2 displays and she sold them to me. So I saved the grouping.

Market garden

post-510-1212947576.jpg

post-510-1212947609.jpg

post-510-1212947629.jpg

market garden

Fatigue uniforms - L-R Fatigue skirt/shorts and s/sleaved shirt( no USMC).middle- Womans "bibs" Right- Womans fatigues top. mens bottom. 2nd image men's

issue fatigue. 3rd photo woman's issue. Hats,paper misc.

post-510-1212948334.jpg

post-510-1212948371.jpg

post-510-1212948396.jpg

market garden

Womans skirt/shorts. , s/sleaved shirt with no USMC stincle. the overalls .Close up of cutter tags

post-510-1212948913.jpg

post-510-1212948963.jpg

post-510-1212949032.jpg

post-510-1212949105.jpg

market garden

a man's isue cap. Woman wore them briefly. This is in the sack it came in from the clothing sales Also womans winter dress gloves never worn still attached

together. Under the gloves the summer purse cover.

post-510-1212950185.jpg

post-510-1212950210.jpg

post-510-1212950227.jpg

market garden

Ink stamp and name labels and her discharge. Next segment will be some really neat paper work.

post-510-1212951305.jpg

post-510-1212951326.jpg

market garden
I purchased this about two years ago. At first I bought the dress hat and another in a box. Then was told there was more in a footlocker. So I purchased the

rest. This all from the woman's estate.

I believe I payed about $185.00 for the grouping and other things popped up that went with the grouping ie: Alarm clock,more kaki shirts,blankets and

her brothers Army laundry bag.

I did not recieve though her winter dress uniform or shoes/boots or a photograph of her in uniform. They were not found. Looks like I have everything else.

Edna Birkett Henry enlisted in the Marines 22 June 43 and was discharged on 25 October 45. She served as a secretary at the Naval Air station at Cherry

Point NC.

I have her desk calander with notes. The first images are of her "fatigue' uniforms. She was issued men's HBT first then the female version later.

Several sets of the womans bibs one with cutter tags. also I a HBT skirt/shorts and a light shirt (no USMC stenciled). Several kaki shirts and ties., A crepe'

blouse and skirt with the white buttons. Two sweat shirts with USMC and Cherry point NC. , A green issued T-shirt and a white one.

also I have the undergarments she wore. Lots of paper work. Any thing you would like a close up of tell me and I'll post it. These items were going on e-bay

by the owners neice. I told her I did WW 2 displays and she sold them to me. So I saved the grouping.

Market garden

It looks like she used the "Red" fingernail polish to put her name on her foot locker just noticed that. Market garden

market garden

More notes from her calander and a letter from the womans Marine Corps Reserve in St. Louis. Mo. desiring her to enlist in the 1950's.

post-510-1213038861.jpg

post-510-1213039277.jpg

market garden

Edna Henry after the war lived in St. Louis. Mo. for a time as a waitress and secretary. She moved back to her home town in Northern Mo. in the 1960's

She was active in the Senior Citizens Asc. She made her home later in the Missouri Veterans home in Mexico. Mo.

She passed away there in 2004. The staff of the Veterans home there remember her and may have a photo of her to complete this

collection.