National World War II Museum -- D-Day 70th Anniversary (6/6/14)

Tasken_Lander

Tasken_Lander

Hello!

As a resident of New Orleans, LA I took my wife to the National World War II Museum for its D-Day 70th Anniversary Celebrations.

I've been to the museum literally DOZENS of times, but today was her first so it was fun getting her thoughts on the exhibits and special events of the day. The pinnacle was a Discussion Panel of five D-Day veterans -- the youngest of which was 89!!

These men had some fantastic stories and were quite sharp and entertaining speakers. Truly evoked a sense of pride and patriotism to hear these men speak so humbly about their experiences.

I have a few pictures if anyone's interested in me posting them. (I'd have to adjust/resize them)

Cheers/Happy D-Day!

Mike

I enjoyed my visit to the museum two years ago, and might return while in NOLA this fall, I was very disturbed by the Southern Pacific section. That is where my father served and I must say it may be displayed well but it was very unsettling a nasty time in WW2

Tasken_Lander

Yes, the brutality that was resorted to in the Pacific Theater was quite disturbing/horrific.

RustyCanteen

Hello!

As a resident of New Orleans, LA I took my wife to the National World War II Museum for its D-Day 70th Anniversary Celebrations.

I've been to the museum literally DOZENS of times, but today was her first so it was fun getting her thoughts on the exhibits and special events of the day. The pinnacle was a Discussion Panel of five D-Day veterans -- the youngest of which was 89!!

These men had some fantastic stories and were quite sharp and entertaining speakers. Truly evoked a sense of pride and patriotism to hear these men speak so humbly about their experiences.

I have a few pictures if anyone's interested in me posting them. (I'd have to adjust/resize them)

Cheers/Happy D-Day!

Mike

Hello!

We sure do like photos around here, feel free to add them. And thank you for offering to post them.

RC