"Operation Phantom Fury" 2nd Battle of Fallujah ID'd USMC Helmet Weapon's Company 1/8 Marines

LetsGo82nd

LetsGo82nd

I have had this one for a while but don't think I have shared it before. I was going though some of the collection yesterday and came across this one; I had really forgot how special of a helmet this is. The helmet is a USMC LWH with cover; still has all the dirt and grime from Iraq just as it did when it was brought home. Also included with the helmet is a signed note card from the veteran who wore it that details a little of its history. The note reads "I wore this helmet while deployed to Iraq. It was worn during the battle of Fallujah. Nov. 7, 2004 - Dec 3, 2004. The soldier was a member of 1/8 Weapons Company. So this helmet was used in "Operation Phantom Fury" or the Second Battle of Fallujah. I wish all of my WW2 helmets came with little note cards like this; :) -Jeremy

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet01.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet02.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet03.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet04.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet05.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet06.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet07.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet08.jpg

USMC%20Fallujah%20Helmet09.jpg

sweet lid!!

Like that!

Great Lid with a awesome history!!

Nice LWH first type with history !

Thanks guys!

congrats my friend! Nice!

Cheers,

Mike

I really like this one.

Thanks guys. This one has always held a special place in my collection. There are some great books out there on Operation Phantom Fury that show what a tremendous undertaking this battle was. The one I am currently reading is New Dawn: The Battles for Fallujah. Those Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen had one heck of fight on there hands but overwhelming prevailed. -Jeremy

• 4 months later...

Thought I would bump this thread up on the 10th Anniversary of the battle. The Marines that fought there did a hell of a job! -Jeremy

Hard to believe it has already been ten years. Will certainly be remembered as one of the key battles of the Iraq War. Very nice, congrats Jeremy!

Hard to believe it has already been ten years. Will certainly be remembered as one of the key battles of the Iraq War. Very nice, congrats Jeremy!

It sure is, I saw a news article this morning about the 10th Anniversary which reminded me. It is said by many to be the most intense urban combat the Marine Corps has fought since the Vietnam War. Nearly 100 Marines gave the ultimate sacrifice during the battle. -Jeremy