Navigator wings with Horizon running down!

robert60446

robert60446

Hi guys,

This is 2” version of Sterling marked Navigator wings, but what is interesting here is position of horizon surrounding armillary sphere. Somehow instead of being leveled, horizon is running down…I only hope that navigator who was wearing these wings knew what he was doing… :lol: ...anyone have full size version?

post-2829-1212924441.jpg

robert60446

John, i think your are up to something, i will have to take extra pictures tonight, but it looks like sphere could be a separate piece attached to the badge during manufacturing process. This of course would explain position of the horizon - human error. But i want to see what i can find under the high resolution, because it is really hard to say if this is multi piece construction or just a one well made example...

John Cooper
John, i think your are up to something, i will have to take extra pictures tonight, but it looks like sphere could be a separate piece attached to the badge during manufacturing process. This of course would explain position of the horizon - human error. But i want to see what i can find under the high resolution, because it is really hard to say if this is multi piece construction or just a one well made example...

That would confirm my guess that it was just applied a bit off... now the trick is to see if you can find a 3 inch match!

Good Hunting

John

robert60446

Guys,

Here are better pictures - i would say evidence is inconclusive...hard tot ell if this is 2 piece set... think.gif

John Cooper

Robert as alays you have GREAT macro photos! Interesting variation... now to find a full size set! I do not recall ever seeing any others like this but then again maybe I just never noticed.

John

robert60446

John,

I think that ability to take high resolution pictures is opening new avenues to look in this hobby. It is much easier to notice something like this when you have picture right in to your face, 10 x bigger than original... :lol:

Now i will look really hard to find 3" example...;-)