What's on its way to you right now?

GoldenCross

501stGeronimo

A bit of both! I throw an Oktoberfest every year for my street (about 35-40 people show). These will hang in my man cave until then. It's small, but very comfortable and very German!

That sounds GREAT!!

Just waiting on Service Records for two Iwo Jima vet records: one Army and the other a PH 4th MarDiv Corpsman.

Incredible Items!

LF

This is probably the most I've had coming at one time and will probably be the last for a long while.

An identified Paramarine dress uniform

A 28th matching helmet set with Ike jacket

A 29th helmet (no matching liner)

4 navy lifejackets

USAAF sunglasses

The matching service cap and paperwork that was located that goes to my ID'd USMC service uniform.

Mike

BigDogMilitaria

This is probably the most I've had coming at one time and will probably be the last for a long while.

An identified Paramarine dress uniform

A 28th matching helmet set with Ike jacket

A 29th helmet (no matching liner)

4 navy lifejackets

USAAF sunglasses

The matching service cap and paperwork that was located that goes to my ID'd USMC service uniform.

Mike

Nice Mike! Is the 28th set the one that was on the 'bay?

Nice Mike! Is the 28th set the one that was on the 'bay?

Yes it is! Did you see the listing for it?

I'm waiting for more paperwork from the IL state archives. It's been a good 2 weeks with some of the info I have received. I know my wife has enjoyed me dialing back the spending lately, but I'll make up for some of it this weekend. ;) Here's a bit of paperwork I got today with the assistance of the local VA office.

Posted Image

Posted Image

....What are you expecting? What are you excited about?

The named and marked helmet of a D-Day vet who was a gunner on the S.S. Charles Morgan on June 6th carrying troops and supplies to Utah Beach. He survived the sinking of his ship, near Utah Beach, on June 10th. This guy lived his post war life less than 30 miles from my home. This one has got me excited!

The named and marked helmet of a D-Day vet who was a gunner on the U.S.S. Charles Morgan on June 6th carrying troops and supplies to Utah Beach. He survived the sinking of his ship, near Utah Beach, on June 10th. The guy lived his post war life less than 30 miles from me. This one has got me excited!

This doings great! Look forward to seeing this one!

I have the Burial Information File for 2Lt. Morgan M. Anderson, Company I, 26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division (KIA near Exermont, Oct, 1918), on the way. It will be the last bit of research before I finish my book on the 26th in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive. At least I think it will be the last.....

Pete

BigDogMilitaria

I took a flyer on an M1 that could either be a stud in the collection, or a dud. Hopefully I'll know in about a week!

bellasilva

I am hoping a Russian Mail order bride. 5"10 a buck 25, blonde, cooks and cleans...

Lol!

I'm currently waiting on the personnel file to a USMC pilot with VMB-612 who was awarded the DFC for bombing missions completed supporting the Iwo invasion;

As well as a matched set of NOK dog tags to a enlisted soldier who fought with the 43rd infantry division from Guadalcanal through to the end of the war in Tokyo who continued his career into 1976, retiring as a full Colonel.

I'm really enjoying this thread!

The new glasses I have coming will prevent any militaria purchases for a while. Going from reading glasses only straight to bifocals is hard on the ego, and the budget...:(

Steve

• 7 years later...

I found this one interesting about 7 years back so I thought I'd bump it to see if anyone has something they want to report. I've got nothing in the works right now but last week I received a pair of EE-8-B field phones which I was happy to find. This hobby/addiction has helped ease me through the pandemic as I'm guessing it has for some others.