• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Akward mannequin position (need advices)

Hello to all

I have this very nice looking mannequin

The hands are done in order to be put in front pants pockets. Not the easiest position though

I’m asking myself how to display it considering the position of the hands

I think he will be on the US side

I at first had the idea of a loose unfastened belt, but that's anyway still to high

- Any idea on which item to put or trick to make to have a use of the hands as it is ?

Thanks

post-3574-0-66014300-1401367252.jpg

- Lester H Scheaffer (Fleetwood - PA) - 175th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division - KIA September 12th 1944 attacking the Brest Naval range butt

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at St James cemetery. RIP

(My left avatar portrait)

- Jay E Hansford (Baxter Springs - KS ) - 146th Engineer Combat Battalion SETF - KIA June 6th 1944 landing on Dog White Omaha Beach

I’m proudly in charge of his grave at Colleville sur mer cemetery. RIP

(My right avatar portrait)

- See their story, and other ones here : http://mylifeinthewar.over-blog.com/

-- Interested in pictures (and others items) concerning the French Navy ships that went under repair in US Navy yards in 1943. In Boston (Le Terrible, le Fantasque, le Malin), in NYC (Richelieu) and in Philadelphia (Le Georges Leygues, Le Gloire, Le Montcalm)

Hello,

that's a very nice mannequin ... no soldierly pose, but who cares, soldiers don't really need to pose, they sometimes need to relax, to think about peace and decontraction rather than war ;)

I don't really know how you could display this mannequin but if it was mine, I'd use it to display a sailor with denim trousers, chambray shirt and perhaps a kapok lifevest, relaxing, with hands in pockets, after a kamikaze attack B)

An idea however ... this mannequin is likely to be a Rootstein or Hindsgaul model, perhaps you can find spare hands with a different position.

Regards, E

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

I think with a little work it could be a great display, for instance a tanker looking on a column of german prisoners. Thinking on cutting the right thumb and create new (for instance behind an M-36 belt), should be a work who could be done. Would create the left hand for a cigarette, cutting the thumb and work it beside forefinger. Cigarette between forefinger and middle finger, the rest cut and create inside the hand.

People who design Mannequins are weird….

LF

I collect items from The Battle of Iwo Jima (1945).

Top Iwo Jima Items I'm Looking For:

1) IDed 5th MarDiv Corpsman Jumper or Forest Green Coat.

2) IDed Coast Guard Navy Jumper

3) IDed CB's Sea Bee's Navy Jumper

4) IDed 147th Infantry Regiment Army Service Coat

5) IDed 32nd ID Army Service Coat (Occupation Kyushu with 5th MarDiv).

I am always looking for named and dated WWII USMC Forest Green wool alpha jackets/coats from the 5th Marine Division or other units who participated in the battle.

My Blog "Marines In Forest Green" http://marinesinfore...n.blogspot.com/

I never knew how much of a pain in the *** mannequins are until I dressed 4 or 5 of them. This one looks particularly difficult. In the 40's pants rode much higher than they do now, so hands in pockets might not work. You could angle one arm forward and have him holding the muzzle of a grounded rifle. A cigarette in the other would probably work as well. Bon chance.

donation2015.gif

you could raise his right arm like he's reaching for something, since his eyes are already looking up, but the crossed legs make him look like he's relaxing

If you put HBT coveralls on him, that might work out really nice as these have big(ger) pockets.

In all, I do think this is a very nice pose.

They don't all have to stand like robots now, do they?

Now that I think of it ..... I used to have a mannequin with crossed legs like that and dressed him up as a 101st AB trooper (complete with mohican haircut!).

It turned out to be "the star" of my collection.

Erwin

704th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

That would make a nice tanker leaning against the side of his tank for a break after battle..

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

LF

:lol:

Maybe they are just a bit rigid

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Hello to all

I have this very nice looking mannequin

The hands are done in order to be put in front pants pockets. Not the easiest position though

I’m asking myself how to display it considering the position of the hands

I think he will be on the US side

I at first had the idea of a loose unfastened belt, but that's anyway still to high

- Any idea on which item to put or trick to make to have a use of the hands as it is ?

Thanks

Must have been a swin suit model....nice speedo bulge

In Memoriam:
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

you could make him into a Navy Frogman with swim fins, UDT shorts, face mask, etc

Bolo

is that photo from the UDT/SEAL museum in FT.Pierce?

Intresting to see the rebreather.I have one as well.I recall they were from DESCO

In Memoriam:

Must have been a swin suit model....nice speedo bulge

:lol:

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

LF

Well, those mannequins are not designed to display uniforms ... but more trendy clothing, so nothing weird in their design from a "civilian" point of view ;)

E

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

you could make him into a Navy Frogman with swim fins, UDT shorts, face mask, etc

Awesome Photo of a Desco Re-Breather on a mannequin.

I have been looking for a pair fins for sometime now to go with my Re-breather, but have been unsuccessful.

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Curator/Owner Ghost Squadron Military Museum,

Curator, South Alberta Light Horse Regimental Museum

Collector of;
U.S. Infantry, uniforms, and equipment, 1860 to 1950, Primarily the 41st and 88th Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2, United States Army Air Force, Anything B-17 Flying Fortress related, National Guard of Pennsylvania, Royal Canadian Air Force, 4th Canadian Armored division. Springfield Armory firearms, U.S. military firearms in general.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Bolo

is that photo from the UDT/SEAL museum in FT.Pierce?

Intresting to see the rebreather.I have one as well.I recall they were from DESCO

yes, it's the SEAL museum in Ft Pierce

http://johnston.travellerspoint.com/140/

put some corral shoes , UDT shorts, belt , swim mask and he could be a Frogman like this guy in the museum display, the mannequin already has a swimmer's build and a tan.

with him holding a pair of swim fins in his left hand getting ready to go on a misson

post-1885-0-69968900-1401589888.jpg

THANKS Bolo

I was there several years ago prior to the remodel and museum expansion.

In Memoriam:

How 'bout a battle casualty with an injury to the groin......it's all in place, the face, the hands, and the crossed legs. (with apologies to anyone who has received a similar injury).

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

Break his legs

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/