Nkomo's Iraqi Uniforms Captured During Desert Storm

Nkomo

I started collecting Iraqi militaria right after the troops started rotating home in 1991. My dad and I used to hit Ft. Knox and Ft. Campbell on a regular basis. We would hit Ft. Riley once a year when we went out west on vacation. A lot of good memories spending time with my dad on those trips.

At the urging of a couple collecting buddies of mine, I have started the process of photographing the items I have picked up over the years from surplus hunting. This process won't be done overnight, so bear with me while I search through the collection.

This is a tiny fraction of my Desert Storm Iraqi collection.

First up is an Iraqi Republican Guard jacket with the red cord still attached. For some reason, I mistakenly placed a pair of tan pants with this jacket. The tan pants originally came with a tan Republican Guard jacket that matched the pants. I would assume the tan RG jacket has the green pants that went with the green jacket! icon_lol.gif

The tan pants are made by Hyundai.

00172.jpg
00282.jpg
00366.jpg

Tan Pants

00456.jpg
00544.jpg

Second uniform is a typical DPM set worn by the Iraqi Army during Desert Storm. Jacket is a light-weight fabric with buttons and zipper on the front. No makers tags that I can find.

Pants are a heavy-weight fabric and have no maker marks that I can find.

Both pieces are heavily sun faded.

Jacket

00642.jpg
00737.jpg

Pants

00833.jpg

Iraqi ERDL pattern set made by H.H.D.

Jacket and tag.

00921.jpg
01032.jpg

Pants and tag.

01127.jpg
01223.jpg

An Iraqi DPM (tan variant) that has had Republican Guard triangles on the sleeves at one time. This uniform was found by me at Nellis Air Base back in 1997 and was a gift from my fiance (now my wife of over 16 years).

00815.jpg
01217.jpg

Shadowing of where the red triangles were at one time.

00917.jpg
01119.jpg

This uniform is an oddity. It appears to be a copy of the British jungle DPM, but has an Iraqi Ministry of Defense tag on the inside. This one has buttons and zipper closure on the front of the jacket. This set was also found by me at Nellis Air Base in 1997 and was also a gift from my fiance (now my wife of over 16 years).

01813.jpg
02012.jpg

Close up of the tag on the inside of the jacket.

01910.jpg

Here is an Iraqi used DPM poncho with oil stains on it. The picture I took isn't the best, but the shaded area gives a good indication of what the true color looks like. Made by Douceur in Korea. This one was found by me at Ft. Riley in 1997.

00139.jpg
00233.jpg

Here is one of my many sweaters. This one was a Republican Guard used piece. Button on the front would be to attach the red RG cord. There is also evidence where red triangles have been on the sleeves at one time. This one was also found by me at Ft. Riley in 1997.

00332.jpg
00424.jpg
00717.jpg

Areas of where the red triangles were sewn on at one time.

00524.jpg
00620.jpg

A pair of DPM pants (tan variant). I am 99.9% positive that these came with the first Iraqi DPM set I posted above.

01716.jpg

Pair of German made pants used by the Iraqis. Unfortunately, I only found the pants. Only pair of these I've ever found. These were bought by me at Ft. Riley in 1997.

These appear to be just like pants used by the West German Army during the 80s time period.

Arch

01517.jpg

01618.jpg

Here is an Iraqi heavy weight jacket with "fake fur" lining. This one had a tag at one time, but is now gone.

01317.jpg
01417.jpg

That is all for now, but I have many more uniforms. I just have to locate the boxes in the "war room".

thefallenbuddha

Great items!

I've always had an affinity for Desert Storm bringbacks.

That Republican Guard jacket looks great!

Its amazing what troops bring back !

great post Arch .

o

Thanks, O!

Great items!

I've always had an affinity for Desert Storm bringbacks.

That Republican Guard jacket looks great!

Thanks for the comments. I have a lot more Iraqi uniforms to post. Just need to find them.

• 2 months later...