what's your dream piece ?

usaaf93

normaninvasion

My gr uncles EGAs from his career in the Corps 1914-1947,why they were never with his medals I will never know

my dream sheet:

KRAG Bowie bladed bayonet at the swap meet for $30

Early WWI canteen with smooth cap with ring & chain and original engraved art work for $10 - $20 at the swap meet or at Goodwill

Grandpa's old war souvineers / war trophies German helmets & bayonets & Mausers at a yard sale

original ARVN Ranger painted helmet at the swap meet someday

medalcollector

haha, i got too many "dream" items to list in this small amount of space,lol!

Same here. My immediate dream is a French made DSC and a DSM.

Military Engineer

A 19th Century campaign medal with provenance to an Engineer…….preferably with a photo of him.

BigDogMilitaria

I've been lucky enough to find some pieces I would consider grails. The one thing i want is unattainable, and thats my Grandfathers uniform from his time in the PTO in WWII. I know thats gone because he used it to paint in and it was thrown out a long time ago!

I do however dream about getting either an ID'd Chaplain uniform from WWII (preferrebly a Detroit area one) or a Chaplains marked helmet.

• 1 month later...

An air-worthy F4U Corsair! ;) I'd settle for a squadron-patched G1 jacket named to a WW2 Navy or Marine combat aviator in the PTO.

5thranger17

I flip back and forth in my head over different "dream" pieces. Right now, I really want to add a named 1st ranger Ike/class A jacket with a Ranger scroll on both sholders to my collection.

- Jake

littlebuddy

Id'd Fourth Fighter Group uniform grouping, complete with patched A-2!

Wow Paul !! that really would be the ultimate for you wouldnt it ???

Id'd Fourth Fighter Group uniform grouping, complete with patched A-2!

I'd bet that one is possible. Probably not from the "name" 4th pilots, but there were a lot of pilots in the 4th. Seems like I recall JDK having a uniform group that belonged to a 4th fighter group ace.

I've collected all the 4th FG books I can find over the years. Just recently I got an original copy of 1000 Destroyed. Cost very little. Turned out to have belonged to a 4th FG ground crewman. Not Gentiles Mustang, but its something :)