what's your dream piece ?

usaaf93

hello

When I get up early in the morning heading to a garage sale, I am always thinking of what I wish to find.

I am sure most of you thinks the same. So I was wondering what's that dream piece that would make you the happiest collector on earth ?

I am talking about a single piece (no grouping, it's too easy otherwise)

For me it would be a nice A2 jacket back painted with a squadron patch and a name tag.

How about you ?

WWII marked, named and heavily provenanced 84th ID Medic or Chaplain helmet. You did say dream piece, right?

Corpsman_1941

There are thousand of things... but I think it could be WWII Medal of Honor engraving to USMC Tarawa hero in Black case

littlebuddy

A Whitehouse letter head signed by Roosevelt !

I bet that surprised you all !!

LB

Hmmm, well I am a helmet guy, so first would be a nice, provenanced M-2 airborne helmet with an Inland liner and the next thing would be a named, patched M-42 jump jacket!

Yep, there's many things on my list but either of those would make me real happy!....and a D-Day ESB or Beachmasters helmet would also rock my boat!

Rick

Corpsman_1941

1canpara as you said about jumpjacket... I think that 503PIR jump jacket could looks nice in my collection ;) with matching rigger made 503PIR ammo pouch

Garandomatic

I wasted my "I wish." Twice. Was at an outdoor gun show, had an armload of junk, and thought " I wish I had something to carry this stuff" and saw a WWII packboard. A year later, elsewhere, said "I wish I could find another packboard," and there was one across the street. Why didn't I make a better wish????

I'd say a piece of my dad's buddy's 155th AHC stuff, A nice uniform to a man from the Battle Off Samar (maybe USS Hoel, since I don't have that ship yet?), or an M1942 paratrooper jacket (pants too would be cool!), or that ever-elusive A2 we all want.

Screamingeagles101

For me, I would want a very salty helmet with ID to either a paratrooper who fought in the bulge or a marine who fought on Iwo.

Until that day comes, I'll be happy with what I have now haha

Lucky for me, I once owned my dream piece, and now own another!

I was going to say the same thing. I found mine a couple years ago. Large grouping with an A-2 jacket to a WW2 AAF P-51 double ace.

JD

A named 29th division grouping from company A 116 who did D-Day and a highly provenanced 29th ID lid used in Normandy or D-Day.

-Dave

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

haha, i got too many "dream" items to list in this small amount of space,lol!

RustyCanteen

I have been fortunate to have found and purchased just about every piece of militaria I ever wanted. A lot of the time when I see something I'm not interested in I will leave it for the next collector to find. I'm happy with what I have. :)

The best thing I 'found' in this hobby (or rather they found me I guess) are very good, very close friends whom I might never have had the pleasure of meeting if not for this hobby. Thank you to all of them! I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything! You all know who you are! :) I'd like to give a shout-out to one in particular, whom I have been blessed to know for about ten years now thanks to our shared love of collecting. You know who you are. B)

That's what I have enjoyed about our wonderful hobby!

double canister

Excluding family items, I'd have to go with a KIA PH for a guy in Malmedy Massacre or a PH for a marine killed at Pearl Harbor.

SaigonSVFan95

I'd love to have anything from my late Uncle's time in Vietnam. Specifically his uniform (Jungle fatiques). Man oh man, would I die happy if I had those.

SergeantMajorGray

I would like to find my grandfathers battle damaged paratrooper helmet. But it was probably left in scrap pile in Europe.