WWII M1916 Holster Question

NorwichCadet

NorwichCadet

Are certain WWII M1916 holster in the same condition with year markings considered rarer or more desirable than others i.e. 1942, 1943,1944,1945 etc. THANKS

Norwich I don't think it's the year as much as who the maker is. Some companies just didn't have big contracts and consequently their production numbers are low and therefore their product is more rare. That's of course my opinion....and it's probably wrong.

I have heard talk of holsters dated 1941 and those would be extremely rare in my book but I've never seen a holster dated 41.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie

I agree, Ronnie,

that's the maker who makes the difference. With the exception of the 1941 dated ones. And as far as I know, up today, just a Boyt 41 has been observed. Charlie Flick has one of these super rare birds. Here a picture that Charlie posted some years ago...

Fausto

post-8381-0-09344200-1400581701.jpg

I've always liked Sears 1942, BoyT -42-, and Milwaukee Saddlery holsters. Now that I've seen this BoyT -41- I have a new item to search for, I would love to get one of those for my 1941 RS Colt M1911A1.

-Steve

Thanks Fausto for the comments. Love that "Boyt 41". Would love to add that one to the collection.

Ronnie

Charlie Flick

Norwich:

I agree with Ronnie and Fausto. The WW2 dates are of much less consequence to most collectors as compared to the manufacturers.

Fausto, I am glad to see that you remembered my old Boyt -41-. So that the other Members here can see what the whole holster looks like I post below pics of the front and back side. I have looked for years but have never found another like it.

Regards,

Charlie

Boyt 1941 dated M1916 Holster 1.jpg

Boyt 1941 dated M1916 Holster 2.jpg

• 7 years later...
Charlie Flick

That is a great find.  Those -41- Boyts remain exceedingly hard to find. Your new example should clean up well.

Charlie

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, jsalberry92 said:

Some rarer makers are Crump and Fink, those tend to command a little more $

It’s not the maker that is rare on Boyt 41s... it’s the year.