Salty WW2 navy uniform, LSM-113

Flashlarue

Flashlarue

Found this salty WW2 Navy uniform with pants today. Named to Fred Edward Stark. Served on LSM-113 from 30 Nov 1944 to at least 1 Apr 1946. His rank went from S1C to COX. He was born 4 Apr 1923 and died 19 Nov 2000. The uniform was obviously worn a lot. Does anyone know where LSM-113 was stationed and any history?

post-87451-0-81568100-1400369757.jpg

bellasilva

Nice uniform. The LSM-113 was assigned to the Asiatic - Pacific theater, I couldn't find anything more specific though

bellasilva

Here's a shot of her docked in Davenport, Iowa in October 1945..sorry if the picture isn't large enough.

post-104906-0-76036400-1400370124.jpg

RustyCanteen

Here's a shot of her docked in Davenport, Iowa in October 1945..sorry if the picture isn't large enough.

October 26, 1945

"The LSM 113, amphibious navy ship, came over from the engineer basin Friday and moored at the foot of Brady street...." http://iagenweb.org/wwii/WWII_Battleships/USS_Iowa.html

Still looking for a record of it. It looks like Fold3 may have one thing on it, but not much.

Salty Deck Seaman jumper from a Gator!!! The ONLY way it could be better was if he had been a Signalman Striker too ;). My father served on an LSM in '61-'62 as part of a crew training Thai Navy Sailors how to operate the ship for transfer. I was surprised at how small they were.

Very nice jumper. I like the Amphibious Forces patch. Tough to find originals. The copies I have seen are not up to the quality of the originals.