Army Quartermaster Rings

stratasfan

stratasfan

Hi, again! Here I am with another question. ;) I saw online that there have been some sterling Quartermaster Corps rings. I was wondering if anyone knows when these might have been made, whether they are something relatively new or if they might have been around sometime in the late 1940s. (Again, something my Uncle might have had that I would like to get). I found four that sold back around Christmas, but all four are different from each other. They seemed to sell for $17-32, and I was wondering if that was because they were new or because the QMC might not be the most popular thing to search for. Any thoughts welcome!

post-151812-0-81626800-1400366930.jpg

post-151812-0-69083800-1400366931.jpg

post-151812-0-44280100-1400366932.jpg

post-151812-0-02937200-1400366933.jpg

medalcollector

Be careful if it's on ebay. People can make these things and age it so it seems from the wwii era. Good business nowadays.

These are the sorts of things that soldiers have been able to purchase at the Post Exchange or from jewelers for decades, including in the 1940's. I don't think there is any way to date them specifically, but the ones you showed could easily be from WWII. This isn't really the sort of thing anyone is going to "fake" either, since they aren't military issue to begin with and not really in much demand.

vintageproductions

These are all vintage. The second one might be WWI period.

These type rings sell better in the fashion market then they do as military collectibles. Those prices sound cheap.

stratasfan

Thanks for the advice. I think you are right about these things not being in high demand. So, I am going to hunt for one, since they all appear to be vintage from approx. the era. Thanks for the advice! I have a photo of my uncle in uniform and you can see that he is wearing a ring similar to this type. I know that he would not have had a school ring and not a family piece, so I am assuming he got it when he went in the QMC.