Third Reich haul of a lifetime

tball101

USCapturephotos

That is an amazing group of daggers and such! I have known several vets who brought home one or two..but that grouping is incredible.

Paul

Nice collection, but we really would like to have a bit more info linking it to a vet for these posts. Hopefully you will be able to get some more details on the GI who brought these home.

The Postal Dagger is nice.The knot isnt common either.Super looking Hunter Association as well.Would love to know what the engraving states..Are the SA daggers pre RZM??or Group Marked?NIce hinest SS as well.

Reminds me of the giant hoard a local vet here had.He was a officer and dentist in the 11th Armored.He brought back a boat load of stuff...daggers,rifles,pistols,cameras,flags.Just a mountain of things.He never would sell anything locally.He would send it out east as he had seen an add in a VFW puplication.I tried to buy a SS flag from him as he said he sold it.I asked how much and he said $100.THis was 20 years ago but I was willing to pay a lot more but I guess he felt local guys wont make decent offers.I ended up with his uniform group,manuals etc.The family didnt know what to do with it after he passed.I think they were going to donate it all to a local theatrical group.Ended up they group didnt want it as everything was a smaller size.

Then there was the Captain who had cigar boxes full of unissued SS cuff titles,Volunteer sleeve shields,collar tabs,hat devices,sleeve eagles,camo smocks,field gear,helmets and US bullion patches he had made after the war.He had the whole Nat Geograhics book reproduced in bullion.All of it was identical to the bullion SS insignias as he had then made in a shop that the tailor there did work for the SS.He ended up going to japan.He had stuff from both threatres.Bigest hoard I had ever seen.I wasnt old enough to buy any of it as a local guy got it all and it was sold off a piece at a time.

That sounds like an amazing collection! The SA's are a Carl Eickhorn/RZM and the two with scabbards are christianswerk and hammesfahr. The SS is E.P.&S

Kurt Barickman

Very nice multi-thousand dollar vet buy! Congrats and have a drink on me!

Kurt

• 5 weeks later...
suwanneetrader

About 1972 I managed a propane gas co in St Augustine, FL. My salesman was Named Joe Couch (I believe I remember his last name correctly) He was in an Engineer Outfit in Europe in WWII. He had 2 footlockers full of German items, he may have had more but I saw those and sold about half of one at the old Fl. Gun Collector's Shows. He said it was easy for hem to pickup up a lot of stuff as they had trucks, etc and could store and haul their items around. The trick was just getting them home. It looked like he just shipped one trunk home as his name and address was painted on it. Richard

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As there has been no further mention of the veteran who brought these back or his service, this thread has not met the criteria for posting in the Forum. It is now closed.

Any further comments can be posted by Private Message.