Third Reich haul of a lifetime

tball101

Got a call a couple weeks ago from the nephew of a veteran. He didn't know much about his uncles service, but he said he had quite a collection of bringbacks. Finally picked them up today.

The portrait done in charcoal and is signed and dated '34

post-88540-0-74742600-1400360331.jpg

501stGeronimo

Where is the 13rh dagger? I thought you were supposed to have info on the vet to post it on spoils of war....

The thirteenth dagger was dagger that the nephew had purchased separately, so I didn't post it. I have the vets name, but I'd prefer not to post it on here. He was from Sioix City, IA. I am going to be researching him in the days ahead.

501stGeronimo

The thirteenth dagger was dagger that the nephew had purchased separately, so I didn't post it. I have the vets name, but I'd prefer not to post it on here. He was from Sioix City, IA. I am going to be researching him in the days ahead.

What kind of dagger?

sgtdorango

unbelievable!!how about a liner shot of the helmet and what is that dagger fourth from the left top row?...do you know what unit the vet served with, man he was a souveneer lover!!!!......my kinda guy!....mike

The dagger is a postschutz dagger. He wasn't sure what unit he was with. Ill post a liner photo later!