Need some help with full dress 1902 engineer coat collar branch of service trim

Does anyone happen to have the original 1902 engineer full dress coat? I need to see how the collar branch of service trim with white piping was made on those.

I was told that the earlier ones used the wool, then switched to silk which does not want to last for over 100 years. I checked the Encyclopedia of United States Army Insignia and Uniforms but it does not go into any fine details on the subject.

Found this post http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/169719-1902-engineer-full-dress-uniform-grouping/?hl=%2B1902+%2Bengineer+%2Bfull+%2Bdress but there is no close-up of the collar.

Not too many of us have these unifroms I guess?

Also were the engineers using the designated shoulder boards buttons-nuts, or they were using the regular army ones?

The owner of the one from the first thread is out of the country does anybody else have this uniform or answer the questions?

So there are only two owners of 1902 engineer full dress frock coats in the whole country? :-)

Maybe I'm asking in the wrong place? I feel pathetic asking same question over and over with no response... If moderator thinks so please move the thread to the right place.

Collar piping looks different on them? Need details of collar branch of service trim piping - looks sewn-on white soutache onto scarlett wool to me. Picture property of Pointedcuffs

post-103304-0-45461000-1401372149.jpg

Pointedcuffs

I broke every traffic rule to get home, ran past the wife, crabbed my camera and snapped these for you! 2 pics of grosgrain and 2 pics of cloth. Let me know if you need more.

Grosgrain pics

post-1237-0-12961000-1401591058.jpg

post-1237-0-55407600-1401591079.jpg

Pointedcuffs

The white piping can be found at a fabric store. To answer your other question, the buttons for the knots are Engineer buttons like the rest of the coat. Post some pics of your coat if you don't mine.