Some of my Desert Storm Bring Backs

bryang

SergeantMajorGray

The leather and mesh helmet is a Chinese tanker helmet I have one to came with other bring back tank helmets. The Iraqi's used whatever they could get.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RichiesRelics

Thank you for your service. Those tank prisms are neat, I have a couple like that but mine are from a Sherman tank. Thanks for posting.

bryang ... Thanks for your service and for posting your collection.

You have a great collection of historical artifacts and it's wonderful that you were allowed to bring this stuff back. One of my close friends was also in Desert Storm in the USMC. He always laughs about the toughest steak he ever ate was on his way out of the war. Apparently the meat came from Saudi Arabia, believed to be camel meat. He always jokes he got the piece that looked like an o-ring.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple different variation of tank helmets

attachicon.gifDesert Storm Bring-Back Stuff (16).JPG

A piece of camouflage material, different pattern on each side

attachicon.gifDesert Storm Bring-Back Stuff (21).JPG

Is the piece of camo material complete? Just wondering if it is the Egyptian shelter half (zelt) or just a piece of material from a uniform?

VladimirBerkov

These things are interesting, imagine how WW2 vet bring-backs must have looked in the 50s and that's how the current Iraq-Afghanistan items are today. Worth a whole lot? Not yet. But who knows in 50+ years.