? Rat Or Beaver; Real Or Memorex ?

summersdogs

summersdogs

Hi to all. Have no idea what this is, if it's military, if it's good or bad, or approximate dating if it turns out to be okay. The patch measures 2.5" x 3.5". All responses will be appreciated.

Lynne

post-1405-0-73875000-1400091130.jpg

post-1405-0-17545900-1400091145.jpg

looks like a gopher

Minnesota uses a gohper but

I recall this is for a Infantry Brigade..the 205th or 206th.Maybe someone can confirm

summersdogs

looks like a gopher

Minnesota uses a gohper but

I recall this is for a Infantry Brigade..the 205th or 206th.Maybe someone can confirm

Thank you, doyler. I'm looking at Snyder's Treasures now and found a WWI round red felt patch with gold or yellow "beaver" (says description) and indicated for 205th/206th Infantry Regiment. That beaver's tail really looks like a beaver tail. Still checking.

L.

Manchu Warrior

Thank you, doyler. I'm looking at Snyder's Treasures now and found a WWI round red felt patch with gold or yellow "beaver" (says description) and indicated for 205th/206th Infantry Regiment. That beaver's tail really looks like a beaver tail. Still checking.

L.

If you buy it from Snyder's it just may be a rat.

summersdogs

Looks like a WWI Liberty Loan piece

I appreciate your reply, vintageproductions. Just a few nights ago, I was looking at some of the patch topics here and saw a thread with several Liberty Loan patches (sadly, I really hadn't heard that term before associated with a patch...not very well versed, me...that's why I enjoy this place). Should have recalled that unique background material. Can continue my research now.

Lynne

summersdogs

OK, I just found a similar patch to mine identified to the 205th Infantry Regiment. Thank you again for the replies.

L.

firefighter

There was an article in an older issue of the TRADING POST that had the LIBERTY LOAN patches.I'll see if I can find it.

There is a nice liberty loan article in the trading post July-September 1992-is this the one you are thinking of? there is 4 page spread

firefighter

There is a nice liberty loan article in the trading post July-September 1992-is this the one you are thinking of? there is 4 page spread

Thats the one.Is the above patch pictured?

Thats the one.Is the above patch pictured?

There is a 206th Inf Regt Liberty Loan Patch there sure looks like it to me- wish I had the 'hard' copy to better compare but yes, there is definitely a 206th LL in that issue that looks a lot like this one.

summersdogs

There is a 206th Inf Regt Liberty Loan Patch there sure looks like it to me- wish I had the 'hard' copy to better compare but yes, there is definitely a 206th LL in that issue that looks a lot like this one.

When I was Googling around to find info on this patch, I saw several references to "205th/206thInfantry Regt" as though they were linked in some way. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from. Does anyone know why these units may be referred to in this manner?

Thanks to each of you who have posted here.

Lynne

When I was Googling around to find info on this patch, I saw several references to "205th/206thInfantry Regt" as though they were linked in some way. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from. Does anyone know why these units may be referred to in this manner?

Thanks to each of you who have posted here.

Lynne

there is an order of battle out there for the unit, i coudln't for some reason pull up the PDF file. the patch is from my estimation, US liberty loan type.