U.S. Navy Uniform Cape

NavyGirl

Hi, has anyone come across a US Navy uniform cape with gold lining? It is exactly like the nurse corps cape but with the different color.

Also, how much do you think a Navy cape should cost?

Only ones I see on eBay both current and completed are British...must not be too common an item

Uniform cape? Really? I had never heard of one before other than Nurses and officers Boat Cloak

The nurse's cape, according to regulations, should be lined in maroon. Now that's not saying that a nurse would not have used her "civilian" model cape that had a gold lining. An officer's boat cloak had a black or dark blue lining.

Charlie

If you acctually look up current Navy uniform regulations (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/support/uniforms/uniformregulations/chapter3/FemaleOfficer/FO_DinnerDress/Pages/FO_DinnerDressBlueJacket.aspx) a cape with gold lining is authorized for wear with the Dinner Dress Blue uniform.

I have never seen this uniform item nor can I find a picture of it. I even called the Navy Uniform site and was told it can no longer be ordered.

If you acctually look up current Navy uniform regulations (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/support/uniforms/uniformregulations/chapter3/FemaleOfficer/FO_DinnerDress/Pages/FO_DinnerDressBlueJacket.aspx) a cape with gold lining is authorized for wear with the Dinner Dress Blue uniform.

I have never seen this uniform item nor can I find a picture of it. I even called the Navy Uniform site and was told it can no longer be ordered.

. Ok, now I'm on board (so to speak). For some eraser, I was thinking some sort of reenactor thing. I have never seen one! Never even heard of one. My sister is an active duty SCPO, and loved the tiara. When she tried to get one, she was also told they had been dropped. Often, things like this happen. Changes are made to uniform regs, and are published in what we called "Pen & Ink Changes". You would get a message and either have to physically write the change into the book or change the page, depending on the book. Eventually, when the republish the pub, it would include all the changes. This was cheaper than printing a new book every time. As I look at on line publications, I see the Navy seems to continue that same practice.

Basically, since this is not a proscribable uniform, the cape was found to not be that popular so it was just dropped like the tiara. What ever ones were sold, might eventually pop up on eBay or some place like that.

Just in case your sister is wondering she can still order the Tiara from the uniform store. She has to call the 1 800 number and it is a special order request. Vanguard is the company who makes them. :-) I just got mine last month and love it!!

Oh yes, she got hers like that too. It was just that she went to the exchange and was told they didn't carry them any more

I'm sorry but that thing is hilariously atrocious...! Not surprised it doesn't get a lot of use, the jokesters would be merciless!