Special Forces Bronze Beret and 10th SFG desk set.

I was commanding the HHC, Institute Battalion (IB) for the US Army Institute for Military Assistance (IMA) at Ft. Bragg in 1979. It became time to go to lunch and for the life of me I couldn't find my beret. It was common for my staff to play jokes so I immediately jumped on the 1Sgt who claimed ignorance. a thorough search turned up nothing, my beret had disappeared. I had to go to the PX uncovered and receive a number of where's your beret from senior officers and some NCO's. Turned out my 1Sgt was involved, he took it off my desk and gave it to my girl friend who took it into town and had it bronzed and then presented it to me as a Christmas present. Inscription reads Cpt Terryl R. Morris, HHC IB USA IMA, Merry Christmas 1979, Jan

Also pictured is a presentation desk set that I received when I left the 10th SFG in 1966 as a Staff Sgt.

Solid marble base with standing SF soldier, clock and pen. Kinda been beat up over

the years, need to replace the pen holder and if possible find a new lens for the clock. Inscription reads SSg Terryl R. Morris, From the Officers and Men of S3 10th SFG (Abn).

post-6022-0-89842600-1399984132.jpg

post-6022-0-87189100-1399984182.jpg

What a great piece Terryl !!! Actually both pieces are cool. I betcha that bronzed beret was a bit of a surprise for Christmas !!

Thanks for posting.

Regards, Mitch

• 3 months later...

There are a number of old timer 10th group guys in the group "SF Teamhouse List."

You should check it out.

Just older guys having a good time.

We leave the chest beating stuff to some other sites.

Very Nice Terry.

Love seeing the personal items.

Have had the honor of having a drink(or two) with a couple Old Hands.Never a dull moment.

Thanks for posting.