Vietnam Naval Advisory Group Beret, Naval Police Badge & ID Card

manayunkman

manayunkman

This group came from a picker I know who claims it all came together.

I can not find such a badge on line.

post-51189-0-86267600-1399947123.jpg

manayunkman

Tomorrow I will post the ID and back of badge.

Hope you all enjoy.

I for one am happy.

The beret with the awesome plastic cover over the flash appears to be 5th Special Forces Group (Vietnam era flash ... the flash was changed to all black with white border in the mid-1980's).

The other green beret is sporting the 3d Special Forces Group flash. This group was active in Vietnam, then deactivated in the late 1960's, as U.S. involvement there was starting to wind down. The 3d SF Group was reactivated late 1980's, at Fort Bragg, and covers Africa.

The camouflage beret is damned cool, and the fact that the SF berets have markings in them indicating manufacture in Vietnam are wonderful!

The beret with the awesome plastic cover over the flash appears to be 5th Special Forces Group (Vietnam era flash ... the flash was changed to all black with white border in the mid-1980's).

The other green beret is sporting the 3d Special Forces Group flash. This group was active in Vietnam, then deactivated in the late 1960's, as U.S. involvement there was starting to wind down. The 3d SF Group was reactivated late 1980's, at Fort Bragg, and covers Africa.

The camouflage beret is damned cool, and the fact that the SF berets have markings in them indicating manufacture in Vietnam are wonderful!

NAG (Naval Advisory Group)also used the same type flash as the 5th Group.Often these have a gold/yellow border on the flash opposed to the white that 5th grp used.I have one and it has a small Naval "crow" embroidered on the flash.Mine is so cheaply made it looks like something from a dime store.This one is a NAG beret.

cszakolczai

The badge is really nice. Gold filled by E&R. They are a high quality company and many of their badges fetch some big bucks. The catch looks to be an older catch so it may very well have come from the same grouping all together. I will run the badge by a friend to see if he can date the makers mark.