General Patton in El Guettar, Tunisia 1943 - April 2014

dogface44

Government Issue

I am so overcome with jealousy that you not only found but also sat at Patton's position. How neat is this?!

5thwingmarty

I think I saw this Patton jacket at the Military Museum in Vincennes, IN this week. They had one of his jackets and a photo of him in it taken in Tunisia, but it was a different photo where you could see the front of the jacket.

PJK Hendrikx

That is a great then and now photo. May I ask you about where this is, as one day I want to go to North Africa myself to visit.

I am a great admirer of General Patton and some of you might be interested in my research about his fatal accident. Check out my website at www.heroesatmargraten.com

Peter Hendrikx

manayunkman

Peter,

I have a deep fondness for Patton myself.

Your research was a wonderful read.

And Dog I was born in Tunisia so to see these pictures was a thrill for me.

Peter

dogface44

That is a great then and now photo. May I ask you about where this is, as one day I want to go to North Africa myself to visit.

I am a great admirer of General Patton and some of you might be interested in my research about his fatal accident. Check out my website at www.heroesatmargraten.com

Peter Hendrikx

Thank you all for your nice comments. What a trip!

I was there with forum member Tweedie, thanks to him for his guidance and friendship.

Dear Peter Hendrickx,

Thank you for your interest. I have both of your books ordered from you directly last December!

If you PM me I will help to the best of my knowledge and will tell you all about my trip.

Thank you for what you do for us and for the vets. :)

Very neat. Can you share with us how you researched/located the exact spot? Photo caption, perhaps? Seems like a fairly obscure location along a road. (I'm always curious about many then/now photos and how the modern spot was identified.)

11 out of 10.

I was in the same spot about 18 years ago. Tunisia was pretty hard to get around back then. The Infrastructure has come a long way ( people tell me ).

I have a photo of me at the same spot just looking up.

Thanks for posting.

Garandomatic

Very neat. Can you share with us how you researched/located the exact spot? Photo caption, perhaps? Seems like a fairly obscure location along a road. (I'm always curious about many then/now photos and how the modern spot was identified.)

Same thing I was wondering, too.