1st division ike

Don't see anything wrong with it at all.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

You can not pronounce as knowledge anything you can not demonstrate.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Most definitely occupation period. German made insignia, plus no campaign stars, no CIB and no service stripes or overseas service bars. The Corporal was likely a replacement right at the end of the war. Still a nice uniform, however.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-16TH-INFANTRY-HQ-BIG-RED-ONE-1st-DIV-UNIFORM-IKE-JACKET-PANTS-EXCELLENT-/310945715877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4865cf16a5#ht_76wt_1153

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased this uniform. I asked the seller if they knew anything about the veteran, but they didn't. They had purchased it at the estate sale straight out of the closet. It's a great original set with screw back insignia and beautiful old fourragere. The special treat for me is that the jacket AND pants fit me perfectly (not that I'll wear it)!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to ask you fellows something. What's the proper way to wear the fourragere? I've been looking around and it seems like the "loopy part" should be on the back side of the shoulder strap rather than the front, although I've seen them both ways in photos. I have a 6th marine group with the loop in the back and I know first hand that this is how the vet had it mounted. Anyone know for certain what the regulation method is?