Big Navy SEAL grouping with lots of gear

Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Got this today from a retired Navy SEAL who started out enlisted and got commissioned after 11 years. These items were with him in Kosovo, Afganistan, Panama and have the grit, duct tape and wear to show it.

First off a few photos showing some piles:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

Bob Hudson

Some London Bridge Trading Co gear:

7.jpg

I haven't figured out how this one straps on, but the back of each piece has a mesh back with a zippered pocket that has a flotation pad.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Bob Hudson

The bottom two pair of goggles are used for skydiving:

16.jpg

Notice the use of duct tape and electrical tape on gear: once the straps are adjusted for your size taping it all up keeps it all adjusted and the loose ends secured. On some gear small pieces of tape are used to cover snaps that might otherwise reflect light.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Bob Hudson

I don't know what to call this harness, but it has attached to it a "lowering line assembly"

26.jpg

20.jpg

Bob Hudson

The expected modified BDU's with the bottom pockets removed and mounted on the sleeves and the top pockets angled. His name has been removed from all items except the field jacket shown below.

32.jpg

33.jpg

Bob Hudson

This first shirt is from the VSW MCM detatchment (very shallow water mine countermeasures) a joint unit which inclues SEALS.

34.jpg

These are sometimes called SEAL "dive shirts" but seem to be used for anything except diving:

35.jpg

This is worn under a wet suit:

36.jpg

This first shirt is from the VSW MCM detatchment (very shallow water mine countermeasures) a joint unit which inclues SEALS.

attachicon.gif34.jpg

What an incredible haul, Bob. The VSW MCM shirt is incredibly rare and so is some of the gear you posted pictures of.

I have a modified DCU with a desert patch of the same logo as the VSW MCM shirt you have. The patch on the modified DCU says Naval Special Clearance Team One.

1013509_10151511257981129_1643515987_n.jpg

Bob Hudson

What an incredible haul, Bob. The VSW MCM shirt is incredibly rare and so is some of the gear you posted pictures of.

I have a modified DCU with a desert patch of the same logo as the VSW MCM shirt you have. The patch on the modified DCU says Naval Special Clearance Team One.

This officer served with Naval Special Clearance Team ONE as well as SEAL Teams Four, Seven and Eight (Wikileaks put his entire resume on line). He's quite a nice guy: he even wrote a children's book about deployment for kids with parents in the military.

Bob Hudson

Very cool more pics please.

There are a lot of duplicates: several LC packs and frames, two each of the inflatable collar and demolition bag, a few of the modified BDU shirts, a whole bunch of canteens, several of the kit bags, etc.

Nice haul. Some very cool modded pieces in there! I'm not really up on any of the newer stuff, but the LBV and ALICE gear is awesome to me. Killer VSW shirt too!

We served together at SEAL Team FOUR in the early 90s. Most of the gear is from that era and looks very familiar. At the time, London Bridge Trading Company was a tiny hole in the wall tailor shop in a strip mall off Va Beach Blvd. The owner (now CEO) and his wife hand made everything to order. Most of us bought our own gear because it was so much nicer than the issued items. For example, the pad that snaps on to the web belt was brilliant....great to wear in the field. The modified camies were made by our riggers at the team. The harness is lowering gear for a ruck sack/bundle. You strap that on the bundle and jump with it. ~100 ft of the ground you drop the bundle down on the lowering gear so it isn't attached to your body when you land. The field jacket is an interesting story. During that era, BUD/S students wore the solid green uniforms. Right before graduation, we were issued woodland cammies. These field jackets were part of that pile of stuff, but I don't think I ever saw one worn....

That is a haul!! There is some early stuff there. Some of the LBT gear has the old area code on the tag, so that would pre-date July 1996. I remember the original shop on London Bridge Rd. before they moved out onto Va Beach Blvd. I had a high school Buddy that was with the company from the early days and I would visit the shop occasionally. I am not a SEAL but my Buddy knew I was a City firefighter, and he always took care of me and made sure I had a nice last chance belt, and etc., to wear and show off to my FF Brothers. I remember walking into the store once and my Buddy said to me "Do you know who that was you passed while coming into the shop?" I replied "no" and my old Buddy says that was Carlos Hathcock. Those were some fun days!!

It is amazing to see how that company has grown over the years. The company now has moved back to London Bridge Rd. and is close to their original site. The current site is a large scale operation and is doing extremely well.

Fellow forum member JoeFriday22 is a good friend of the owner.

Bob Hudson

For example, the pad that snaps on to the web belt was brilliant....great to wear in the field.

I got two of those, one attached to a belt. Do you recall who made them?

43.jpg