AU LION THEATER MADE SWORD

vonradmil

vonradmil

post-130463-0-98290600-1399484270.jpg

I picked up this sword that looks to be a converted Au Lion knife. It is 22 inches long. What do you guys think?

Thanks

I don't think this is a AU LION brass grip on this "Sword". On the Au Lion the "9" in 1918 is does not touch like the one you show. I have attached a pic of a Au Lion grip.

The modern copies do have this type of "9"

The blade also looks like it made from sheet steel. It looks like Pakistani special.

Semper Fi

Phil

post-11740-0-68461200-1399524185.jpg

The "open 9" is just a variant. Originals can have either

A bigger red flag is that this supposed "theater made" sword is blade marked "au Lion".

What are the chances that the Doughboy found both a Mark I and an au Lion sword and combined the two? Slim and None, and Slim just left the trench

And finally, one shouldn't try to skirt the fact that you need 50 posts in order to use the "For Sale" forum and try to sell via "New Acquisitions"

A bigger red flag is that this supposed "theater made" sword is blade marked "au Lion". "

I don't think he said it was a blade marked AuLion. I think the OP believes it is an AuLion handle with a unmarked blade attached.

ac106 if you could. Can you post a picture of a "Closed 9" Au Lion Mk1grip?

I would be very interested to get my facts straight.

Thanks

Semper Fi

Phil

vonradmil

Hello, This is mine, There is not an Au Lion mark on the blade, sorry never said there was. I doubt is is Pakistani, it came from a guy that has had it for at least 40 years, so if a fake, it is a much older fake for sure.

This topic was edited to remove an offer to sell. I will not lock it and will let the discussion continue but forum members are reminded they cannot sell items here without achieving 50 posts as is stated in the forum rules.