Coloring / restoring old pictures

robert60446

robert60446

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone is addicted to coloring / restoring old pictures, here is my latest “painting” job on portrait picture of one of my family members…

Original picture is included on the right side...please feel free to ask any questions or comments. I'm willing to learn and to help on this subject if anyone is interested in color "restoration" techniques...

Henry_Color_Blackcopy.jpg

Robert,

I used to do a lot of restoration work, ( and taught Photoshop) but don't think you have much to learn thumbsup.gif

That is frankly one of the best recoloring jobs I have ever seen! Now many hours you have into that one?

Paul

robert60446

Thanks Paul! Let’s just say I have used more than 20 layers in Photoshop… thumbsup.gif ...it is hard for me to tell how much time it cost me because I was working on it over the span of 3 – 4 days…every time when kids, wife or work didn’t need my attention I was trying to add some life to this picture… :lol:

IMPERIAL QUEST

Beautiful job. Photoshop is one of the most confusing, complicated, and non-user friendly programs that I have ever had the displeasure to use. My hat is off to anyone who can attain this level of proficiency.

3 to 4 days to achieve that! Wow, that's a lot of work, you just gave me a reason NOT to become addicted to photoshop. I'll just send all my pictures to you. :rolleyes: I will say that you did a very impressive job on this, it looks great! thumbsup.gif

Beautiful job. Photoshop is one of the most confusing, complicated, and non-user friendly programs that I have ever had the displeasure to use. My hat is off to anyone who can attain this level of proficiency.

:D LOL it's supposed to be that way, otherwise, they couldn't justify to price. But it is an awesome program!

robert60446
Photoshop is one of the most confusing, complicated, and non-user friendly programs that I have ever had the displeasure to use.

It is all about job security Steve... :lol:

ps. thanks guys... thumbsup.gif

IMPERIAL QUEST

Well, thank God my livelyhood doesn't depend on it or else I would starve to death. w00t.gif:lol:

brandon_rss18

Hey we could always do our best with Crayons :lol: just try to stay in the lines ;)

Raidercollector

Very Nice work on the photo. How much would that have cost if you had that done??? think.gifthink.gif

Nick

Great coloring,

I've done that too, for the pics of my Grandpa.

I know it's not american, but i'm German, so was he.

But it fits the topic.

post-131-1212793726.jpg

Stephan

Ummm... that is just awesome!!! Well done guys. I should start sending photos your way!! jk....

-Ski

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Superb starter image. One of the better images I've seen digitally colorized. I started the thread on this at WAF and it's good to see one here.

I haven't done any allied colorizing but will give it a shot and post here.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the only known photo of my grandfather in uniform during WWII I need to get worked on.