Father & Son Bring Back Helmets

bryang

My father served in Vietnam and gave me a helmet. It has some shrapnel damage, and I noticed a name etched inside it the name: "Han"

post-152877-0-62375000-1399413408.jpgpost-152877-0-93860800-1399413414.jpg

Eighteen years later I went into Kuwait during the Desert Storm ground war. I brought back lots of Iraqi stuff. This is one of my bring back Iraqi helmets.

post-152877-0-80647700-1399413422.jpg

USCapturephotos

Wow. I love the "father and son" connection. Thanks for sharing your and your dad's artifacts with us and more importantly thank you for your service. What unit was your dad in? And you?

Paul

loveofmylife89

Outstanding connection between you and your father service !! Also thank you for your service to this great nation.

Great bring backs and it is good to have a personal connection with the item and thank you and your father for your service.

-Dave

Wow. I love the "father and son" connection. Thanks for sharing your and your dad's artifacts with us and more importantly thank you for your service. What unit was your dad in? And you?

Paul

I appreciate your kind words Paul. My dad was a CID agent (criminal investigations) and was stationed in Long Binh (I'm not sure of spelling). Apparently he was kept busy due to the high rate of crime among military guys over there as well as with the issue of drug smuggling out of the country.

I was an Intelligence Sergeant with 2d Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group. I served as the Battalion Commander's S2 on the "Jump TOC" and went into western Kuwait with the Arab Coalition forces during the ground campaign. I picked up the Iraqi tanker helmet when we seized Ali Al Salem air base (west of Kuwait City).

I have a ton of crap I brought back from there, as well as some stuff I brought back from Iraq during OIF (14 years later I was reassigned to my old battalion - 2/5th SF Group - for both my tours to Iraq).