• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

36th Division Helmet Liners

That is a great display and a collection all in itself.

Thanks for posting.

Troy

USMC 2/2 Fox Co 0311 & 1st Recon Bn Delta Co. 0321. 1986 - 1995 (Desert Storm 90/91)

US Army Long Range Surveillance Co F 425th INF ABN LRS Team 1-6 2003 - 2005 (Iraqi Freedom 03/04)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Nice Divisional one, note it was made with a OD border, seen the plain bordered T Division 1950s decals before, but this is the first one I,ve seen with an OD border.

Love this display! Very professional, almost like being in a museum.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Love this display! Very professional, almost like being in a museum.

Just hunch, but the reason why is that it is? ;)

Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can, if necessary, look any man in the eye and tell him to go to Hell! US Cavalry Manual, 1923

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Just hunch, but the reason why is that it is? ;)

Note to self: Read, don't scan. :blush:

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I came across this photograph and thought other forum members would like to see it.

Does anyone live near the Texas Military Forces Museum who could obtain close photos of the display?

http://texasmilitaryforcesmuseum.org/the-36th-infantry-division/

Hi,

You should try to contact Lisa Sharik ; she's the museum curator.

I am sure she'll be glad to help.

lisa.g.sharik.nfg@mail.mil

Thanks, Dan.

Always looking for 29th & 36th infantry divisions items (uniforms, medals, groupings, papers, maps, books...)

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

I am a volunteer at TMFM for some years now and can't say to many good things about the museum. Jeff Hunt, Lisa and so many other people have made this museum into one of the best ones around in my opinion. They have transformed even the building into a show place. If you are ever in Austin please make time to go by and check it out. Its located on Camp Mabry but with ID you can get on.

donation2014.gifdonation2017.gif

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

"There comes a time in the affairs of man when he most take the bull by the tail and face the situation."

W.C. Fields

I don't know if they still have that display in the Museum, but here are some pics in the 36ID DIV HQ building that I work in. Looks like they could possibly be some of the same liners. V/R, James

post-118190-0-60190100-1399384733.jpg

jm1244@gmail.com

Always looking for General Officer Items, Special Forces Uniforms, Colt 1911's, M1 Garands.

Great pictures, any chance you could take close ups of each and the information cards to go with them?

Troy

USMC 2/2 Fox Co 0311 & 1st Recon Bn Delta Co. 0321. 1986 - 1995 (Desert Storm 90/91)

US Army Long Range Surveillance Co F 425th INF ABN LRS Team 1-6 2003 - 2005 (Iraqi Freedom 03/04)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks Dan for Lisa Sharik's contact information.

Thanks James for the additional photographs. If possible, might you be able to take close up pictures of the helmet decals and the information cards.

• 1 year later...

After researching the painting of WW2 helmets with unit identification, I feel it is being heavily overdone by reenactors. While I completely understand unit members 'espirit de corps' while in the public eye, the true reality of battlefield unit security would have restricted such obvious helmet painting and unit patch wearing for most front line troop units. 36th Texas Division being one. My WW2 vet dad said such things were not done. I feel the heavy influence of hollywood movies in this case tends to mislead the public and some reenactment groups. Your mileage may vary.

Militaria items.CollectorsAttic B Staff, ONLINE Store hub-

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CollectorsatticB

Sale- Computer games,military DVD sets, entertainment gift sets- FOR SALE- photo bucket

http://tinyurl.com/oh9chmp

I think it is over represented because of the popular units (101st AB, 29th ID, etc) painted their helmets. Also, a large amount of the helmets attributed to certain divisions are painted, because nobody can tell what unit a plain M1 was used by.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand pictures!

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti