WWI USMC Yard Long- 137th Co 2nd Replacement Bn

Brig

Another yardlong I picked up, a March 1918 shot of the 137th Co 2nd Replacement Bn. I was told a lot of these Marines were sent as replacements to 5th and 6th Marines following Belleau, but I've done no research on the unit yet.

101_5489.JPG

Center with the officers, Captain appears to be an old salt with swagger stick, two suspension bars on his expert badge, and 3 ribbons

101_5492.JPG

Outstanding! Are their any names on the back? Please keep us appraised of research when you have time to do it. I'm still trying to identitfy as many as I can on the 96th Co. I posted a while back. Some good success but it is slow going. I'll update soon with what I have learned. Keep after it and thanks for sharing.

It's been re-framed at some point, I haven't had it out yet, same as with the Philly Supply Depot yard long I posted a couple weeks ago. It's on my to-do list

• 3 years later...
mywifesgunakillme

I just found a yard long photograph of 138th company 2nd replacement battalion March 1918.

mywifesgunakillme

I also found a two yard longs of 6th Marines Coblenz Bridgehead 74th Co. It's really neat as the photo was taken overseas and comes with a seperate yard long of the countryside and bridge they were guarding. Unit shoulder insignia is visibleon the Marines in the picture which was taken in 1919.

A very nice image, thanks for sharing. I love these Marine yard longs and recently snagged the "fighting Fifth Marines" on the steps of the Capitol August 12, 1918. Great stuff, Kevin

Interested in viewing those photos, if possible.

I also found a two yard longs of 6th Marines Coblenz Bridgehead 74th Co. It's really neat as the photo was taken overseas and comes with a seperate yard long of the countryside and bridge they were guarding. Unit shoulder insignia is visibleon the Marines in the picture which was taken in 1919.

Can you please post this with details please? Would love to see it.

mywifesgunakillme

"COBLENZ BRIDGEHEAD 74 CO. 6TH MARINES JUNE 26 1919"

"THE STARS AND STRIPES FLYING OVER EHRENBREINTSTEIN FORTRESS ON THE RHINE, VIEW LOOKING EAST FROM COBLENZ GERMANY, APRIL 1919"

You can see the bridge the were guarding on the right side of the photo. Really a great pack of pictures.

mywifesgunakillme

I hope my pictures are uploading. I don't see any of my pictures when I go back and view the post. I can see the pics from the individual who started this initial post, but that's it. If anyone knows why I can't see the please advise. Thanks guys

• 5 months later...