I am not sure if its really a spoils of war but its still pretty cool!

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I was at a yard sale today and the gentleman was a WWII veteran. He was set up with his daughter and granddaughter and didn't have any military or so I thought. I found this box sitting on a table in his garage and it was full of wrenches and screwdrivers. He informed me that he did not bring the box home because he thought it had any value he did it becasue it actually served a purpose. He filled it with all kinds of odds an ends and stuck in his duffle bag. And when he got home he found that the box served still another purpose as a tool box and he never figured anyone would actually want to buy it from him. I have to admit that I thought that it was a mortar box. So when I first saw the word gas it made me think a little. But, I figured it surely would have dissipated by now. From what I have read online it is actually a box for gas masks. Well, it is surly not as glorious as finding a WWII Luger or SA Dagger but I still think its pretty cool!

post-1412-0-06654900-1399135652.jpgpost-1412-0-69007400-1399135656.jpg

post-1412-0-32221600-1399135663.jpg

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

a little restoration and i think it would look even more cool, lol!

Manchu Warrior

Usually piece, how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking ??

He really was only trying to sell the tools that were in the box so he said he would take $3.00 for the box and he thought that was to much money.