1960s or 70s hanger e-tool cover for M1967 e-tool

VolunteerArmoury

VolunteerArmoury

Would anyone care to tell me about these two e-tool covers? The markings are the same with differences of material, & some craftsmanship differences.

post-373-0-20978000-1399086249.jpg

post-373-0-73931800-1399086388.jpg

post-373-0-38795100-1399086404.jpg

VolunteerArmoury

I'm curious as to what thee bottom loop is to be secured to & with what.

• 2 weeks later...

These have been discussed before. They are LLCE "type" covers that have appeared on the market in the past 5 years or so. They are not US issue but appear to be made from US issue components. I have been trying to track down their source as the markings are near perfect with the exception of not having contract information.

These have been discussed before. They are LLCE "type" covers that have appeared on the market in the past 5 years or so. They are not US issue but appear to be made from US issue components. I have been trying to track down their source as the markings are near perfect with the exception of not having contract information.

They have been in existence far longer than that. I encountered these type of carriers back in the early 90's on the surplus market, mixed in with standard M1967 Carriers. They were of equal quality construction to standard ones. I always assumed they were part of the USMC M1967 equipment, but that was just a WAG on my part.

They have been in existence far longer than that. I encountered these type of carriers back in the early 90's on the surplus market, mixed in with standard M1967 Carriers. They were of equal quality construction to standard ones. I always assumed they were part of the USMC M1967 equipment, but that was just a WAG on my part.

Keystone would be the one to ask if they are MC, it may be a possibility. But they are definitely not part of the Army LINCLOE trials or the LLCE.