Misc. Airborne patches

Ron C.

Wow! Very nice. Thanks ~ Danny

Thanks Danny. I like Airborne things and as a young 17 year old was in HQ & Co. A, 801st ABN Maint. Bn. at FT Campbell, KY, in 1957.

I have more Airborne things but have not photographed or displayed them all yet.

Ron

[/url]">http://14075378852_ebde043aab_b.jpg

Proud Kraut

What a stunning collection, thanks for posting these pics!

Ron, could you provide some more informations about the Ghost/Phantom Abn Division patches you've posted? I can't remember seeing these attached-tab-variants before. Thank you again for sharing your amazing collection!

Lars

Bill Scott

That looks like some great items you have put together.The ghost divisions with the attached tabs though are not real.In 35 years of buying patch collection I have never bought an attached tab ghost airborne.Its a simple fix just swap a real one with a seperate tab and you will be back in business.PS another give away on all of them the Airborne tabs are black not blue.Scotty

patchtrader864

Never seen the Aerial Supply Patch before . Thanks for taking the time to post them.

That looks like some great items you have put together.The ghost divisions with the attached tabs though are not real.In 35 years of buying patch collection I have never bought an attached tab ghost airborne.Its a simple fix just swap a real one with a seperate tab and you will be back in business.PS another give away on all of them the Airborne tabs are black not blue.Scotty

They certainly look like they are German made. Anybody else think so?

-Ski

lAnother charateristic that the airborne ghost division patches are not period make (aka "real") is the lack of the "double embroidered border" which has been discussed here prior. Patch Johnson discussed that characteristic here. Doesn't matter if they are German made, they're post war. As stated, they are nice but made for the collectors' market and made in error to boot.

Thanks to all who have commented; however, to respond to a few. I am not in business, and haven't been since the late 70s............and don't want to be back in business under any circumstances.......I got fed up with collecting and other "collector/dealer" comments and etc.. I started collecting in April of 1946, so, if I hadn't quit actively collecting in the late 70s, I would have been doing it now for 68 years. I got the vast majority of all of my things from vets or their families (most actually given to me). I went to the shows to sell.........not buy........my extra stuff. I rarely got anything at a show or from a "dealer".......too much money and not trustworthy. In fact there are many things in collections, sworn to be "original" by so called experts which are really only "Patch King" patches, which I never ordered......but still have some anyway, and some are quite old. Yes.....they had patch king when I was a young kid. All of the Airborne patches came from various vets many toward the front part of those 68 years.......some more recent because I like Airborne stuff from all periods...........I have all the patches as singles too with separate tabs. None of the things I am posting are for sale by the way, they are what I decided to keep when I sold almost everything I had after I quit. I was only sharing my stuff with others, and trying to learn some about ones I never could ID. I am old, have some health problems, even though my wife has much worse. It is too much trouble to post pictures here, and I do not wish to argue with people anymore without getting paid for it. I guess I should just forget posting any more of my stuff.
Actually, I probably am not real anyway, since I died 3 times in 2002, and am likely a ghost from the past, but that is OK I don't want to come back into this stuff anyway.

Thanks,

Ron