Woman Colonel Collection--Need ID Help Please

Siennastef

Siennastef

Hi all~

I have a collection my Dad bought that belonged to a Woman Colonel named Shirley Fontes. She was brutally murdered by her stepson in 2010. We have two items that we don't know what they're called. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!post-19675-0-03255100-1398904468.jpgpost-19675-0-85547300-1398904418.jpg

Hi,

The one on the left is USAF Chief Flight Nurse badge I believe. On the right is bullion insignia for the USAF. It depends on what size it is as to where it might have been worn. It looks like it might be paki made.

Mitch

Bob Hudson

I see this grouping is for sale on ebay for far beyond what something like this would actually sell for.

Those wings are the Air Force Chief Flight Nurse Badge, also called the Master Flight Nurse Badge.

Bob Hudson

About that patch: in your ebay listing you had a note on it saying you weren't sure what it was made of. It's bullion wire. In the same ebay photos you have some silver bullion wings with the note "Maybe silver?" If there's any silver coating on it, it's so little as to have no precious metal value.

Siennastef

Thank you for your replies to my question. I listed it high on eBay just to be safe until I found out what I had. Appreciate all the wonderful guidance of you all at USM Forum! Sincerely, Stefanie