Question about Jumpboots

Hi all,

I recently bought these WW2 jumpboots from a well known respectable seller,

he sold these as Early jumpboots, these look completely like regular WW2 jumpboots, except there are no ankle reenforcements.

I tried to research these boots (here on the forums and on the internet) but couldn't find anything on this type of jumpboot.

Do any of you know this type of boot?

pictures below...

Thank you!

Miek

post-85585-0-08840900-1398812248.jpg

Think you might have the M1949 combat boots, not jump boots.

-Brent

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

RIP Major David Seaver US Army Retired, 4th Infantry Division, Two Tours with Military Assistance Command, Vietnam. Sept 19th, 1938 - April 27th, 2007. Served 1962-1970.

Check out my website and facebook page for great deals on US and Foreign militaria!

www.crossfiremilitaria.com

www.facebook.com/crossfiremilitaria

I believe the M-1949 boots have the rubber sole that goes all the way to the heel in one piece and not split like the Jumpboots and these boots.

LF

I collect items from The Battle of Iwo Jima (1945).

Top Iwo Jima Items I'm Looking For:

1) IDed 5th MarDiv Corpsman Jumper or Forest Green Coat.

2) IDed Coast Guard Navy Jumper

3) IDed CB's Sea Bee's Navy Jumper

4) IDed 147th Infantry Regiment Army Service Coat

5) IDed 32nd ID Army Service Coat (Occupation Kyushu with 5th MarDiv).

I am always looking for named and dated WWII USMC Forest Green wool alpha jackets/coats from the 5th Marine Division or other units who participated in the battle.

My Blog "Marines In Forest Green" http://marinesinfore...n.blogspot.com/

I believe the m49 boots also have 11 eyelets and not 12. Just a guess here but maybe these are a commercially made jump boots sold privately seeing there is no ankle webbing on them. Doesn't appear to be any contract marks or US Army on the soles either. I realize many of these were often resoled and reheeled as well

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I've inspected the boots once more,

on the soles you can still clearly but faintly see the 'US ARMY' mark on the top black rubber part (these boots are well worn)

and on the leather part between the rubber parts are the markings 'USA No 55', and below this '10' (I think).

So everything is a match except the reenforcements...

The diagonal stitching across the instep seems to be missing as well. These boots however appear to be WWII-issue. Do you have any idea of who the contractor might be?

This type of boots was modified a lot before they were deemed worthy of a parachute jump.

donation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

"The battle belonged that morning to the thin wet line of khaki that dragged itself ashore on the channel coast of France." - General Omar Bradley.

No markings at all on and in the boots except the ones mentionned above and as seen on the pictures the boots...

Perhaps hybrids? Or indeed early jumpboots prior to the diagonal stiching...

Oh, the results of looking at posts on my phone :rolleyes: Sorry for the mixup. Now that I can see the photos clearer, they definitely do have the characteristics of jump boots minus the reinforcements. My bad!

-Brent

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

RIP Major David Seaver US Army Retired, 4th Infantry Division, Two Tours with Military Assistance Command, Vietnam. Sept 19th, 1938 - April 27th, 2007. Served 1962-1970.

Check out my website and facebook page for great deals on US and Foreign militaria!

www.crossfiremilitaria.com

www.facebook.com/crossfiremilitaria

• 2 months later...

I picked up some boots exactly like these the other day. The front had been re soled with what appears to be a reproduction sole but the back part was still original. They also have the No55 stamped in between the soles. I'd say they are WW2 period boots as they fit all the characteristics.

Reenacting and collecting from the age of 9!