Some Mission and Allied Control Commission patches

Garth Thompson

Garth Thompson

Here are a few Military Mission and Allied Control Commission patches for your viewing pleasure.

Garth

US Forces Austria and 1st pattern Mission to Moscow

post-83-0-68605200-1398719728.jpg

post-83-0-01434800-1398719779.jpg

Garth Thompson

Never positively ID'd but came from the estate of a US Army Lt Col who operated in the CBI and later the Adriatic areas. Possibly an unauthorized patch for agents who operated in Yugoslavia.

post-83-0-89547400-1398720064.jpg

post-83-0-64232800-1398720081.jpg

Garth absolutely stunning rare insignia it makes old rarepatchmans heart go pitter patter.Thank you for taking the time to share them with us.Scotty

Garth Thompson

Garth absolutely stunning rare insignia it makes old rarepatchmans heart go pitter patter.Thank you for taking the time to share them with us.Scotty

Thanks Scotty, If I can get your attention I know I done good. :rolleyes:

Garth,

Don't you have anything with an airborne tab? :lol:

You have shared some REALLY rare pieces here and I appreciate getting to see them. I think I am most enthralled with the Yugoslavia patch. I'm currently reading "The Forgotten 500" which deals with AAF crewmen who were shot down over Jugo. It is a great read.

Allan

Garth Thompson

Garth,

Don't you have anything with an airborne tab? :lol:

You have shared some REALLY rare pieces here and I appreciate getting to see them. I think I am most enthralled with the Yugoslavia patch. I'm currently reading "The Forgotten 500" which deals with AAF crewmen who were shot down over Jugo. It is a great read.

Allan

Allan,

I'll just hot glue an airborne tab to the patch of your choice and there you go :P:P

I read The Forgotten 500, great book.

Thanks for the comment big guy.

Garth

Steverino

The ACC Rumania is obviously a later period (1950's-60's) Japanese-made patch and was probably made for an ACC Rumania vet. The question is this. Does anyone have an ACC Rumania patch that could be called "theater-made", as in made in Rumania?

PatchJohnson

summersdogs

I'm no patch collector and even if I were, these would be soooo far out of my league. But I know beauty and history and great stuffness when I see it. Thank you so much for posting these gorgeous patches.

Lynne

PS....How much for the ACC patch? I'm a Tarheels fan.

The ACC Rumania is obviously a later period (1950's-60's) Japanese-made patch and was probably made for an ACC Rumania vet. The question is this. Does anyone have an ACC Rumania patch that could be called "theater-made", as in made in Rumania?

PatchJohnson

There was one in the Oct-Dec 2013 issue of the TP, both on the ToC page and in Mort's article.