Tips On Packing A WW2 Reserve Parachute?

minesweeper

minesweeper

I picked up a chest parachute recently, but the whole thing was in a burlap bag - I did manage to get all the lines in, but my attempts to fold it all into the pack have come up short. Any chute folding tips?

WWII Parachutist

Here is a link to the manual for packing the T-10R troop reserve parachute. The details and some of the techniques will probably be different depending on the type and date of your chute, but if you want to get it close this will do. Scroll down to "folding the gores"

http://parachutemanuals.tpub.com/TM-10-1670-269-23P/

What type of chute do you have? Depending on the type and how long it has been unpacked, the canopy can be an extremely tight fit. If you need help feel free to PM me - I have the packing tables and appropriate tools for packing most military chutes, especially WWII era ones.

minesweeper

Here is a link to the manual for packing the T-10R troop reserve parachute. The details and some of the techniques will probably be different depending on the type and date of your chute, but if you want to get it close this will do. Scroll down to "folding the gores"

http://parachutemanuals.tpub.com/TM-10-1670-269-23P/

What type of chute do you have? Depending on the type and how long it has been unpacked, the canopy can be an extremely tight fit. If you need help feel free to PM me - I have the packing tables and appropriate tools for packing most military chutes, especially WWII era ones.

It's an AN6513-1 (Navy marked) - thanks for the link, I got farther this time than my last attempt (got one side in). Will try again soon.