1st SSF patches.....a few of them

Ron C.

The 2 to the right look Italian made

They are. All came from a local man I knew for years. I have more stuff from him, but I haven't figured out how to post big pictures and lots of them here. I have a post that took me quite a while to do with several Airborne things and I had to dump it, the thing said I posted too many pictures.

The guy's name was Rolla Skidmore, and he was in the 1st SSF and later in the 474th. I have his Ike jacket and shirt and the certificate from King Olaf for paticipating in the liberation of Norway.

I also have some other things and more patches somewhere.

Ron

I don't know if I can do this right.......posting pictures on this forum is a bit harder than what I am used to doing.

I wanted say that I have other things that were Rolla's, by the way he is deceased. The IRS got after him and hounded him relentlessy and he killed himself several years ago. They wouldn't accept the stuff he gave them in response to their requests and just kept asking for more, so he signed everything over to his family and shot himself. His family got his share of the house before the IRS could, sold it, and moved away. His wife died shortly after him, she just couldn't go on without him......didn't kill herself just died.

I will try posting these.

His Ike jacket, shirt, book from 1st SSF and certificate from King Olaf of Norway for participation in the Liberation of Norway, while a member of the 474th.

post-152763-0-00724500-1398652791.jpg

The reversible anorak he had in the SSF. I won't add other photos to show his name in the book and etc., since it is too difficult to cut them down to load here and it defeats my purpose for my files. I want much bigger photos and also to reduce them to a smaller size takes up a bit more space on my computer to have the extra file.......but worse is the extra work.

post-152763-0-19587900-1398653471.jpg

Thanks Ron

I wasnt able to convert them from the type file you sent.I was able to resize them but not post them..

Suooer group and so sorry to hear about his death and trouble with the IRS.Seems they always go after the little people.

I was able to copy and bump the size a little for you

attachicon.gifpost-152763-0-00724500-1398652791.jpg

Thank you for trying. It seems like the posting of pictures here is so much work that I am thinking about just forgeting it. I have other things to do anyway other than resize photos and answer questions about if I will sell this or that. I have not posted anything here for sale........in fact I don't think I can do that even since I don't have enough posts to qualify for it..........and I may very well just not get enough to qualify. I alreay quit messing with this stuff once, and it really didn't matter about pressure then. Now I have to avoid pressure and stress according to my doctors. I don't need to defend anything because I am offering nothing for sale, and I don't have the time either......since I also have to worry about my wife's condition and whether she is going to have to go to the hospital yet again re her liver transplant.........this stuff pale's by comparison.

Thanks again for trying,

Ron