Presidential & Vice Presidential Service Badges roster

VolunteerArmoury

VolunteerArmoury

So there an accessible reference for the roster of Presidential & Vice Presidential Service Badges numbers?

So there an accessible reference for the roster of Presidential & Vice Presidential Service Badges numbers?

No - I doubt the any such list ever got out of the White House and it would not surprise if no one in government has a complete lis.

I know this has come up several times. I honestly wish there was. But it appears from what other collectors finally said, there is no accessible reference for badge number assignments. So, unless something pops up or has popped up within the last year, there is not. :(

One theory put forth was there is not an accessible list just because many are still alive and serving so a list would be a security problem.

My personal recommendation / theory of finding own just goes with how most military things are issues (like Master at Arms badges). They get assigned out to the person by their company, troop, ship, etc. The people on the roster then have a note in their service record with the badge number. So, to find who used the badge, you would need the quartermaster list of the badge numbers. Find out from that list where the number was sent, such as the detachment and period. Get a roster from that period. Then search individually to make the connection.

VolunteerArmoury

Thank you. I have a Class A from a Michigan State Uni ROTC cadre NCO with everything but nameplate. He has both badges on his uniform & both numbered so have been hoping to find at least what his name is to replace the nameplate. I have been searching through old MSU ROTC info to see if I find him that was.

A friend of mine who was on presidential service was able to access a hard-copy of a list of recipients with their PSB numbers...but he was not allowed to copy or release it. When he was on presidential service, he did look up several numbers for me though...

I think it was roadrunner (?) who was able to get a partial (though not entirely useful) copy of the list through a FOIA...

Dave