1943 first aid jungle pouch

Screamingeagles101

Screamingeagles101

I see these pouches often. I mostly see 45-60's maker dates. 1943 pouches are the most scarce. In my experience with collecting these.

When it purchased it, I had no idea 1943 was scarce. I got lucky. Did they make any of these M2 pouches in khaki ?

The possible reason for the double snap construction early in production was for as how much? or how little? of the contents that were going to be stored inside in certain areas of the war zones? or to keep the contents inside more secure as they were being used up and to tighten up the pouch as this happen?

Craig

When it purchased it, I had no idea 1943 was scarce. I got lucky. Did they make any of these M2 pouches in khaki ?

No, Only in the dark green color.

• 5 months later...

I saw two of the double snapped jungle first aid pouches on facebook the other day. One was made by Boyt and 1943 dated, he didn't show the other manufacturer so im not sure who that one was made by. Just to let you guys know I am looking to buy a double snapped jungle first aid pouch so if you know anyone who has one for sale or if you have one and you would sell it let me know.

Came across this picture of the 27th marines on Iwo Jima. I noticed what looks to be a jungle first aid pouch. Thought you guys would want to see it.

Both Marines kneeling look to be wearing one.

What is the Marine on the right wearing on his back, It looks like one of those water proof gas mask bags used on D-Day

-Dave

Screamingeagles101

What is the Marine on the right wearing on his back, It looks like one of those water proof gas mask bags used on D-Day

-Dave

It does look like the gas mask bag from D DAY.

We're marine in the pacific issued Gas masks ?

-Dave

Yes, he is carrying an m7 gas mask bag on his back. Marines were issued m5 assault gas masks in the m7 bag for Iwo Jima.

-Jay

• 4 years later...

Abbott laboratories made Halazone 100 ct. bottles with Halazone N.F. and Halazone N.N.R. markings. What is the difference? Is there a way to identify Lot numbers to a year or era? The Abbott lab. bottle I have in front of me says Halazone N.N.R. with a GO-1 serial number and a G38T293 LOT number.

Abbott had contracts with the military through at least the Korean War for water purification tabs and other medical supplies. My Korean War era Abbott laboratory water purification bottles are dated Sept. 1950 with lot numbers 609-1303-21 and 699-1282--21 both have stock number 55-T-1500 and are Chlorine not Halazone.

In addition I have seen a Abbott lab. Halazone N.F. bottle with Lot number 716-1266-22 and stock number 064221-0/F10. Is this a civilian consumption item?

Was Frazers solution used post WWII? and if it wasn't, what replaced it in Korean War M2 kits? By Vietnam Frazers was along with many other components replaced.

Internet searches have provided no help. Many thanks for any light on these questions.