Marine Collection

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, you have amassed (read: hoarded) a great USMC collection there! Love the way it is set up, stunning is a good term here. Thanks for sharing it with us. Those old photos are great and bring the room together.

Always looking for 325th G.I.R. and WWII USMC items!
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

That is an incredible collection!!! Very focused and well displayed.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Curator/Owner Ghost Squadron Military Museum,

Curator, South Alberta Light Horse Regimental Museum

Collector of;
U.S. Infantry, uniforms, and equipment, 1860 to 1950, Primarily the 41st and 88th Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2, United States Army Air Force, Anything B-17 Flying Fortress related, National Guard of Pennsylvania, Royal Canadian Air Force, 4th Canadian Armored division. Springfield Armory firearms, U.S. military firearms in general.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

AWESOME !!!

In memory of 798 Marine Raiders who were killed in action in World War II.

In memory of four U.S. Army Servicemans from 328th regiment , 26th infantry division.

THOMAS BOWMAN KIA 10/30 1944

WILLIAM Bereza KIA 12/24 1944

CHESTER MUNDELIUS KIA 3/14 1945

ALAN Milne KIA 4/8 1945

And when he gets to Heaven, Saint Peter he will tell: "Another Marine reporting, sir — I've served my time in Hell!"

Jeff Here is the cover and a little history of the owner.Adolph Paskevich enlisted in 1922 and served in Haiti and had excellent sevice record.He reenlisted in 1926 and went Awol in Sept of that year.He was found in New York driving a cab an apparantly incured the wrath of a lady friend who turned him in and wrote a letter in which she says"No punishment which could be given him would be enough for him.He is a menance to the US and I am ashamed that he represents our country".

paskevich001_zps342303f5.jpg

paskevich002_zpse49c5ea7.jpg

paskevich005_zps2d320903.jpg

paskevich008_zpsc6f3f18b.jpg

donation2014.gif

Very nice Mark

Thanks for posting youe extensive collection

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Most interesting story about Dominique, he must have really upset that woman over some matter. AWOL service members were common place in the services prior to the issue of social security numbers.

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Mark, you certainly are to be congratulated for a very fine USMC collection! Would it be possible for you to do a photo and ID on your 5th Division Paramarine uniform. It's a shame what happened when the Paramarines were disbanded. Their bravery after being assigned to the 5th cost them dearly. Regards, Jack Angolia

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

Wow!! What an outstanding collection of USMC artifacts!! Nicely done.

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Most interesting story about Dominique, he must have really upset that woman over some matter. AWOL service members were common place in the services prior to the issue of social security numbers.

Exactly, I would love to know more about what went on there! Joined under an assumed name, went UA, and then somehow got on the wrong side of Mrs. Clark, who ended up with some of his personal possessions! For some reason, I'm imagining her as more of the nosy neighbor or maybe someone who rented him a room.

Talk about items that tell a story! Great stuff.

Wow! What time is dinner? Afterwords I'm digging through your room! :D

Always interested in purchasing items pertaining to the 505 Parachute Infantry Regiment in WWII (82nd Airborne Div.). Please send me a PM if you have something.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Cpl Norton As far as my favorite uniform.It would have to be my Uncles.He severed with the 1st defensive Battalion.After that I really like 1st marine division named uniforms.

Mark

donation2014.gif

Hi Jack Charles Wolfe fought with C/1 paramarines and was Wia on Guadalcanal (Gavutu) and Bougainville.He also fought with 26th regiment 5th division on Iwo Jima and was again Wia6-23-13002_zps90c2da74.jpg

6-23-13003_zpsb90109b1.jpg

6-23-13004_zps84a3fa3f.jpg

6-23-13005_zps9ce0361e.jpg

donation2014.gif