A rare Tigerstripe pattern named flight suit

kammo-man

Here's a named tiger flight suit in a early hard to find pattern.

Before this turned up I had only ever seen this pattern in ARVN 2 piece suits in an alternative cut.

This suit came from a thrift store back east and was for sale at this years SOS.

Posted Image

Owen- great find and it looks like he purchased it at the end of his tour as the camo is sharp without fading,

Jecf

Agreed !

Eating in a style becoming a gentleman !

This suit shows why tiger is the dominant pattern from the Nam era.

Here is a possible, but it is not good news... There was a Major Robert Miller who was KIA in Laos in 1968.

He was from Hayward, CA which would explain things if you found this locally.

If this was the same officer, it is possible he could have been a 1LT in 1962 and may have made it Major by 1968, but it's cutting it close. He would of had to have been close to his promotion to Captain early on to have made Major just 6 years later.

http://www.vetfriends.com/memorial/honoree.cfm?hindex=97765&user_ID=#.U1M9G_1OWpo

http://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/34150/ROBERT-C-MILLER

http://www.virtualwall.org/dm/MillerRC01a.htm

The last citation has a link to the Major's daughter.

Gil

It's very possible that's the man.

Sounds like he was involved .

Thanks guys

It's a stunning suit that you could see from the other side of the massive SOS hall.

It pulled me in for sure.

Owen

BlueBookGuy

A very similar one, with printed references to a tailor's shop at Than-Son Nut if I recall correctly, was owned many years ago by a Dutch collector I was in touch with.

Was part of a small grouping from a USN A-4 pilot, together with his APH-6D helmet, MS-22001 mask, and grey flight gloves.

At least twice I tried (just tried) to ask him how much a possible money amount or, a swapping with some my stuff - twice he replied "... currently I could rather agree in somehow bargain my wife with some of that gorgeous stuff you have in your collection, do not think I could give away this grouping".

Considering she (at least, in that time) almost was a twin sister of what is today Milla Iovovich, I maybe just acted wrong in not seizing the opportunity... :D :D

Compliments anyway - Franco.

BlueBookGuy

Owen, that Dutch collector wasn't an unprepared guy!!

His grouping even today, must be a fantastic thing - his wife could pretty well not to stand the passing of time with the same carelessness... ah-ah !!!!!!!!!!!!

Franco.

• 2 weeks later...
nguoi tien su

Another nice suit Owen.

Embroidery is typical of the ones made in Ubon. That said, it does not mean that the pilot was based there.

I think Austin is correct about it's origin because I know the guy who sold it at the SOS and where he got it.

kammo-man

I said it was an SOS piece !

But have no origin idea !!!

I do know it's right up there with anything tiger I already have archived

Owen

Kammo-man