Post your UNIS marked gear.

knd643

Here's a 1943 dated Jungle first aid pouch with what looks to be a UNIS mark on the back, and a carbine pouch with another UNIS mark.

attachicon.gifIMG_1757.JPG

I am glad this thread has come to light again! Some wonderful examples!

Any documentation / research suggest why the overwhelming majority of contemporary UNIS marked items are 4th MarDiv? And I'm referring to beyond this thread - to even what's available in the market. A lot of 4th, some 1st, a little 5th. Has anyone ever seen any 6th MarDiv UNIS marked gear (circle)?

ViewfinderGyrene

Any documentation / research suggest why the overwhelming majority of contemporary UNIS marked items are 4th MarDiv? And I'm referring to beyond this thread - to even what's available in the market. A lot of 4th, some 1st, a little 5th. Has anyone ever seen any 6th MarDiv UNIS marked gear (circle)?

Only seen one, an Army production canteen cover issued to a Marine, estate fresh. Would have bid and won if seller had thought to ask for name of vet at sale lol...

hello

some others

100_8723.jpg

100_8730.jpg

100_8725.jpg

olivier

LOVE this - been looking for one for a while - Any name?

Thanks for posting!

Best,

Bill K.

hello

some others

100_8723.jpg

100_8730.jpg

100_8725.jpg

olivier

LOVE this - been looking for one for a while - Any name?

Thanks for posting!

Best,

Bill K.

Here is a unis mark on a 6th Div kit bag to a marine of 2-22 who fought at Okinawa. I haven't seen any of these marks on smaller items of kit. I have his P41s which only have his name stencil on the back.

post-20528-0-93360000-1460388270.jpg

about 6th div

not mine , pic from auction site for first and from us militaria forum for second

1ST SGT. M.C. Harvey 6th Marine Division, 13 Regiment

unis_b10.jpg

Squad leader

Olivier,

I purchased this haversack from that seller. It is on post #130. I like the seller description as well about the kills.

Due to the low quality of the pictures, I hadn't noticed the yellow stenciled "113" marking under the black "111".

The name is T. W. Torgerson.

Dan.

post-1681-0-32469600-1460389892.jpg

sidney d watson

100_8726.jpg

100_8727.jpg

Hi Olivier, I thought i recognised this map case!! It is featured in a very good book! Did you get it from Laurent, or was it yours on loan to the book? A wonderful named example to a Major! Thanks for showing! Graham

Hello Graham

no just bought few week ago , came from french militaria dealer

olivier

Wow, that is a great find, congratulations!

• 2 months later...
ViewfinderGyrene

hello

one recent found , tanker bib unis 133 ,owner William A Taylor

Olivier

unis_110.jpg

unis_111.jpg

I thought about buying these but couldn't read the name lol. What's his story, MOS, campaigns?

ViewfinderGyrene

hello

named marked on seller description !!!!

it's field cook tanker

4th tank battalion from mid 43 to late 45 , roi namur to iwo

Snyder in same unit

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/231546-ruining-history-wwii-ebay-grouping/

Olivier

Very cool. Ebay has been spotty with descriptions lately. Have to reload page several times before it actually appears lol...

Lucky 7th Armored

I've had this jerry can for years given to me by my high school lacrosse coach. He knew I collected military items so he gave it to me. I was younger and ignorant and I recently rediscovered it in my basement and noticed the UNIS marking!

post-5136-0-18836100-1467433903.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

hello for can , unis korea era

another unis on cross canteen cover , unusual size and location

olivier

unis_410.jpg