Does anyone still make Japanese bullion wings like this?

James39

I was wondering if there is still anyone that still makes custom bullion wings like this? I would want a matching set of the airborne wings, vietnam paratrooper wings, and army aviator wings just as they are in this picture. Thanks, James

post-118190-0-43261000-1397833339.jpg

I'd look for a dealer or collector who has a full set of Japanese made ones. The ones from the 60s are pretty easy to find and you should be able to match them up without a tremendous amount of difficulty.

At one point, years ago, I had a contact that could get these made overseas. I haven't dealt with them in probably 10 years though...but I'm sure it's possible to have them made again.

Dave

I'd look for a dealer or collector who has a full set of Japanese made ones. The ones from the 60s are pretty easy to find and you should be able to match them up without a tremendous amount of difficulty.

At one point, years ago, I had a contact that could get these made overseas. I haven't dealt with them in probably 10 years though...but I'm sure it's possible to have them made again.

Dave

Thanks Dave, that would be the way to go if I can find a matching period set. His ribbon bar is the original from the photo so that would be a nice setup. V/R, James

post-118190-0-33410700-1397835333.jpg

Pakistan and India were good sources of bullion stuff. I don't how good they are currently. Maybe a web search would come up with somebody that will make them for you. But, I agree with Dave - better to find original period sets. They aren't that hard to find.

Pakistan and India were good sources of bullion stuff. I don't how good they are currently. Maybe a web search would come up with somebody that will make them for you. But, I agree with Dave - better to find original period sets. They aren't that hard to find.

Thanks Gumshoe, I agree with that but I didn't think that it would be easy to find a matching set though. I will have to start my search.

I had a whole bunch of these at one point and I believe they were made in Pakistan or India. Probably could still be made if you could find the right company...

Though I'd go with the Japanese made ones if you can find them...

BullionLot1.jpg