Question on Ribbons/Medals for LTG Knowles

James39

I am trying to build a replacement mini medal bar for a original LTG Knowles mess dress uniform that I own and I think I've identified all of his medals execpt for one that I am not familliar with. It is the one on the top right of the second row (red center with yellow on both sides).

I also was wondering why the Air Medal was to the left of the Purple Heart in order of precedence on his ribbon bar, as everything that I'm finding has it the other way around?

On his unit citations I don't know what the top center citations is? It looks to be green, white, red, and black with a star in the center?

post-118190-0-28974400-1397831940.jpg

The unit citation is blue, yellow and red and is a Navy PUC (X2). Prior to 1983 (I believe) the PH ranked behind many other personal awards

I am trying to build a replacement mini medal bar for a original LTG Knowles mess dress uniform that I own and I think I've identified all of his medals execpt for one that I am not familliar with. It is the one on the top right of the second row (red center with yellow on both sides).

I think you're referring to the one the second row from the bottom?

It's the Republic of Vietnam National Order, 5th Class.

Hope that helps!

Dave

The unit citation is blue, yellow and red and is a Navy PUC (X2). Prior to 1983 (I believe) the PH ranked behind many other personal awards

Thank you for this information, it was just what I was looking for. V/R, James

Technically, I'm betting that from the time he earned his Navy PUC, it's for a single award...the original ones came with a blue enameled star on them...even if it was a single award...

PUCS.jpg

I think you're referring to the one the second row from the bottom?

It's the Republic of Vietnam National Order, 5th Class.

Hope that helps!

Dave

Sorry, yes I meant second row from the bottom. Thank you for this information, it was the final piece to the puzzle. V/R, James

Technically, I'm betting that from the time he earned his Navy PUC, it's for a single award...the original ones came with a blue enameled star on them...even if it was a single award...

Good to know, thank you!