rambob

Parachute First Aid Packets

Finally, after many months here is the clear pouch again, but with the protective cardboard around the tourniquet and the components better positioned. Thanks for the cardboard dimensions Bryan Fryar!!

post-299-1241228606.jpg

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

Parachutist First Aid Kit Varient: Continuous "Zig-Zag stitching" (like the Holland examples) but with "serifs" on the font (like the Normandy examples). Has anyone ever seen one like this?

post-8420-1322275767.jpg

Bob

Old topic but needs to be discussed occasionally.

I have recently stumbled upon two different packets - both unopened and will remain that way. Think they are originals? ;)

IMG_0069lores.jpg

IMG_0068lores.jpg

Dave

I have a USGI first aid kit unopened and want to put some pictures on here. Can someone give me a hint on how to get them here. I have an iPad. The kit is a bring back from WWII along with the complete A3 that it. Was tied to.

I have a 100% original parachute first aid kit. It has never been opened. it has the 4 straps to hold it on. I guess it is somehow heat sealed as it has lasted all these years since WWII without as much as a corner coming loose. It was on a A3 parachute that is also complete with the back pad saying Will rogers Field and yellow bands on them. I do not have any idea of what is in the first aid kit as I do not think it would be wise to open it. I am trying to put a picture of the kit on but have not mastered that yet.

post-154527-0-69662900-1465864025.jpg

post-154527-0-73430200-1465864165.jpg

post-154527-0-64547000-1465864176.jpg

Any photos of the manner in which the kit contents were packed for the first pattern Packet?

Thanks, Jeff

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Finally, after many months here is the clear pouch again, but with the protective cardboard around the tourniquet and the components better positioned. Thanks for the cardboard dimensions Bryan Fryar!!

Do you have a pdf available of the instruction sheet? Very good to way to present the contents!

Sorry for the delay, but I haven't been monitoring my post and I missed your request for an image of the instructions. Here it is.

post-299-0-38839500-1492396908_thumb.jpg

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

Bay State Militaria had a 2nd pattern for sale this week and I had to add it. Kit is still sealed. Paid a small fortune for it.

post-200443-0-36329700-1576893898_thumb.jpeg

sure wish this thread still had all the pictures!  i think i've got a winner coming, i'll throw some pics up when it gets to me

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.