Parachute First Aid Packets

rambob

• 7 months later...

Finally, after many months here is the clear pouch again, but with the protective cardboard around the tourniquet and the components better positioned. Thanks for the cardboard dimensions Bryan Fryar!!

post-299-1241228606.jpg

• 2 years later...

Parachutist First Aid Kit Varient: Continuous "Zig-Zag stitching" (like the Holland examples) but with "serifs" on the font (like the Normandy examples). Has anyone ever seen one like this?

post-8420-1322275767.jpg

Bob

• 2 months later...

Old topic but needs to be discussed occasionally.

I have recently stumbled upon two different packets - both unopened and will remain that way. Think they are originals? ;)

IMG_0069lores.jpg

IMG_0068lores.jpg

Dave

• 4 years later...

I have a USGI first aid kit unopened and want to put some pictures on here. Can someone give me a hint on how to get them here. I have an iPad. The kit is a bring back from WWII along with the complete A3 that it. Was tied to.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 100% original parachute first aid kit. It has never been opened. it has the 4 straps to hold it on. I guess it is somehow heat sealed as it has lasted all these years since WWII without as much as a corner coming loose. It was on a A3 parachute that is also complete with the back pad saying Will rogers Field and yellow bands on them. I do not have any idea of what is in the first aid kit as I do not think it would be wise to open it. I am trying to put a picture of the kit on but have not mastered that yet.

post-154527-0-69662900-1465864025.jpg

post-154527-0-73430200-1465864165.jpg

post-154527-0-64547000-1465864176.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Any photos of the manner in which the kit contents were packed for the first pattern Packet?

Thanks, Jeff

eaglerunner88

Finally, after many months here is the clear pouch again, but with the protective cardboard around the tourniquet and the components better positioned. Thanks for the cardboard dimensions Bryan Fryar!!

Do you have a pdf available of the instruction sheet? Very good to way to present the contents!

• 9 months later...

Sorry for the delay, but I haven't been monitoring my post and I missed your request for an image of the instructions. Here it is.

post-299-0-38839500-1492396908_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

sure wish this thread still had all the pictures!  i think i've got a winner coming, i'll throw some pics up when it gets to me

• 1 year later...

Rambob:  I know you did a lot of work to create that transparent example.  I would love to have one, and I imagine there would be enough others here and on other

WWII sites who would want to buy one too.  It would be great if you could add a copy of the morphine box now that we have so many examples of the various bits that were

enclosed.  

Anyone else might want one of these?

z