WWII Marine's gear lot

GeneralCheese

GeneralCheese

These are some of the other items coming in a lot I purchased on eBay yesterday. It looks like a great group of items, with a painted and named duffel bag, almost mint canteen, and an assortment of other neat gear.

bf9vk5b.jpg

Z3UedGn.jpg

zR34OFa.jpg

t1whZNC.jpg

1LegQqS.jpg

BeyGMHQ.jpg

Tanker lot and painted seabag to boot. Make sure you post the seabag in our painted seabag thread when you get it, they're always enjoyable to see

GeneralCheese

Well it is here, and there is more art on it than I originally believed. Here's some pictures of it and some of the other gear. It's dark right now so the lighting isn't any good, but hopefully these give you an idea.

omwyyDo.jpg

CFM9pxR.jpg

dZEDd0K.jpg

QbUbqkf.jpg

0VMJ4XR.jpg

GeneralCheese

The canteen set is in incredible condition, and along with it came with 4 belts, 2 of them with buckles like the one pictured, and one named. Also a wool hat with EGA. Does anyone know what type of belts these are, and when the EGA is from?

4CHaym8.jpg

1vFV8yJ.jpg

History Man

Nice lot....really like the painted seabag, the EGA is a standard WWII enlisted one for the collar/OS cap.

Philip

Found this on ancestry....

Name: Chester R Scott

Muster Date: Oct 1944

Station: Company "D", Second Armored Amphibian Battalion, Fmf Pacific, In The Field

GeneralCheese

I will most likely be putting this on the for sale forum soon, since this is a little outside my collecting range and I don't have the space to display it properly.

Keep an eye out

• 3 weeks later...
GeneralCheese

Just so you know, I have listed the bag on eBay so message me if you want a link to the auction.