Mtlh2010

Another eBay auction ended early for 'error' in listing

I tried to view the painted helmet the seller said he had for sale but it is not listed anymore either.

Bob Davis
Secretary, Arizona Chapter, The Orders and Medals Research Society
ASMIC Member #5364, OVMS Member #11939
US Army Infantry 2001-2009, OIF/OEF Veteran

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Look at his Maywest listing....y***s has bid a TON of times.... :dry:

USMF'S LEADING COLLECTOR OF USAAF BLUE BACK WINGS

LOOKING TO BUY SINGLES, ON UNIFORMS, OR COLLECTIONS

ALONG WITH AIRBORNE TROOP CARRIER

TENNESSEE MILITARY COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION

BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ON ME:

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

It looks like he bid high, then someone else is coming along and biddy a dollar at a time to find where his threshold is....

Mark sends

Mark Conrad, MSgt, USAF (Ret)

"Poor is the nation that has no Heroes...shameful is the one having them that forgets."

The Miami Valley Military History Museum: http://www.mvmhm.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Miami-Valley-Military-History-Museum/111268115594349
Official Partner of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration: www.vietnamwar50th.com
Official Partner of the United States of America World War I Centennial: www.worldwar1centennial.org

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

He is a forum member...hopefully he can shed light on what happen with the listing.

Looking for items from the 38th Infantry Regiment

Feel free to read/leave For Sale section feedback: CLICK HERE

ASMIC: 5218

"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

-General George S. Patton Jr.

I was watching this listing also. Rank and service fits more with a John E. Allen (U.S.M.C. 1916-1931) may have served some time before that. He served in Haiti, Dominican Republic, and Nicaragua, as well as the 11th Regiment A.E.F. during WW1. Nice original uniform (minus the EGA's). Neat piece. I was planning on bidding. Oh well.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Seeking Model 1895 and 1902 Named Officer coats as well as Spanish American War Tropical Uniforms.
Also pre WW2 marine uniforms. Always pre-1945 Colorado National Guard Items wanted! Also seeking Rhodesian

Uniforms and Gear used by Americans in the Rhodesian Security Forces during the Bush War (Africa).

Fortune cookie say: "An expert is someone that knows so much about so little."

Hi Fellas, I'm the guy that listed the GYSGT uniform on ebay. After I ended it due to wanting to correct the information I was contacted. I'm very pleased with my sale, as the person that bought it I've known for a while and is a 1930's USMC collector. However if he chooses to relist it then the choice is his. I've been burned so many times selling on ebay that I needed to do what I needed to do. Yes, I am having problems with ebay....has anyone ever heard of a 24 hour delay when listing?? Neither have I, but that's what they are doing with the helmet. I listed it on Sunday, but come Monday morning I noticed it still wasn't showing up in the search....so I ended it and relisted it within seconds. Same deal, again... Here's the item number for anyone that wants to view it, 221416323387

This is pretty much why I don't ever get on the Forum. Almost every time I ever posted anything here on the Forum no one has anything to say.

This is pretty much why I don't ever get on the Forum. Almost every time I ever posted anything here on the Forum no one has anything to say.

Pls elaborate on these statements.

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I have learned that if you want something bad enough on ebay, make an offer or bid high. The seller will either take it or let it ride. Auctions end early all the time, its really the sellers prerogative.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Greetings & Salutations! eBay sellers sometimes will list an item that another member of their family may have sold elsewhere and discover they no longer possess it, happened to me about six times in years past. Have also had a twice not getting the item as shown or described. Had one seller say he would not send the item I won and if I insisted, he's write a negative response to damage my 100% record, figured he or she might have been a very young teen? The "best man" at my wedding 36 years ago used to counterfeit French Foreign Legion insignia in India and Pakistan, I was surpised because he is a retired police officer. who knew? Am sure he sold on eBay, wondered what became of him? Often a seller can lack knowledge of what they sell and I write and offer to correct their listing if they want to accept my assistance? I do not know a lot, but enough to get by and help others if I can do so. I suspect the grandkids may know know nothing of the military and only know their grandparent served in uniform in earlier wars and they probably need the money. Some eBay sellers will ask me from time to time and I direct them to useful reference books so they can educate themselves to what they want to list on eBay Auctions! Some eBay sellers have some really nice items, no doubt and they usually know what they have and the worth as well! Happy Hunting! Herbert Booker of Florida, soon to be 72 next month, break out the Geritol and Malox! :D

Herbert Booker

donation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

, soon to be 72 next month, :D

An early happy birthday to you then.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Booker 72 years young...Happy Birthday as well.

Your postings and extensive online referances are invaluable.The community owes you a big THANK YOU

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..