Another eBay auction ended early for 'error' in listing

Mtlh2010

It looks like he bid high, then someone else is coming along and biddy a dollar at a time to find where his threshold is....

Mark sends

ludwigh1980

I was watching this listing also. Rank and service fits more with a John E. Allen (U.S.M.C. 1916-1931) may have served some time before that. He served in Haiti, Dominican Republic, and Nicaragua, as well as the 11th Regiment A.E.F. during WW1. Nice original uniform (minus the EGA's). Neat piece. I was planning on bidding. Oh well.

Hi Fellas, I'm the guy that listed the GYSGT uniform on ebay. After I ended it due to wanting to correct the information I was contacted. I'm very pleased with my sale, as the person that bought it I've known for a while and is a 1930's USMC collector. However if he chooses to relist it then the choice is his. I've been burned so many times selling on ebay that I needed to do what I needed to do. Yes, I am having problems with ebay....has anyone ever heard of a 24 hour delay when listing?? Neither have I, but that's what they are doing with the helmet. I listed it on Sunday, but come Monday morning I noticed it still wasn't showing up in the search....so I ended it and relisted it within seconds. Same deal, again... Here's the item number for anyone that wants to view it, 221416323387

This is pretty much why I don't ever get on the Forum. Almost every time I ever posted anything here on the Forum no one has anything to say.

teufelhunde.ret

This is pretty much why I don't ever get on the Forum. Almost every time I ever posted anything here on the Forum no one has anything to say.

Pls elaborate on these statements.

normaninvasion

I have learned that if you want something bad enough on ebay, make an offer or bid high. The seller will either take it or let it ride. Auctions end early all the time, its really the sellers prerogative.

• 4 months later...

Greetings & Salutations! eBay sellers sometimes will list an item that another member of their family may have sold elsewhere and discover they no longer possess it, happened to me about six times in years past. Have also had a twice not getting the item as shown or described. Had one seller say he would not send the item I won and if I insisted, he's write a negative response to damage my 100% record, figured he or she might have been a very young teen? The "best man" at my wedding 36 years ago used to counterfeit French Foreign Legion insignia in India and Pakistan, I was surpised because he is a retired police officer. who knew? Am sure he sold on eBay, wondered what became of him? Often a seller can lack knowledge of what they sell and I write and offer to correct their listing if they want to accept my assistance? I do not know a lot, but enough to get by and help others if I can do so. I suspect the grandkids may know know nothing of the military and only know their grandparent served in uniform in earlier wars and they probably need the money. Some eBay sellers will ask me from time to time and I direct them to useful reference books so they can educate themselves to what they want to list on eBay Auctions! Some eBay sellers have some really nice items, no doubt and they usually know what they have and the worth as well! Happy Hunting! Herbert Booker of Florida, soon to be 72 next month, break out the Geritol and Malox! :D

Booker 72 years young...Happy Birthday as well.

Your postings and extensive online referances are invaluable.The community owes you a big THANK YOU