Whink Rust Stain Remover

skautdog

Coolhandluke posted pictures today of a 50s era helmet he brought back to life using Whink Rust Stain Remover. The helmet looked great after he was finished!

Anyone else have any experience with Whink Rust Stain remover? It is a liquid or pasty consistency? Could it be used in small areas, such as grommets on pistol belts or hangers on bayonet sheaths? Is it only for use on metal or could it be used on cloth, cotton webbing, etc.?

What have you used it on? Results? ETC????

TIA.

Ken

Its a clear type liquid/fluid.

You can dilute it as well.

I have had a friend use it on the white USMC covers for the visor with success.He treats the area and rinses in cold water..I believe he use dit on a garand belt as well.I would try a small area first.

coolhandluke

Doyler is correct...Whink is a clear fluid. It is easy to spot treat areas as the bottle has a very small opening that disperses the fluid. I discovered the product after seeing a thread where rust stained liner webbing was safely cleaned using the rust stain remover.

I was not sure how caustic the product might be so I also thoroughly rinsed with tap water after treating the helmet shell.

• 4 months later...

I heard about it once and it sounds interesting. I was told that you could get it at walmart but that you don't want to get it on your hands and that if you don't use it right it will eat up canvas. Just my two cents on what I was told.