Early Air Force Academy Mini Pennant

hirsca

Recent find. A quick search could not find an image of the logo that is on the pennant. It still has the WW2 Hap Arnold logo on the Falcon's flight helmet. Was this a very early design of the USAF Academy logo, or is it for something else? All comments much appreciated. Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-46507100-1397258649.jpg

post-12790-0-52581600-1397258669.jpg

• 2 months later...
maddog1129

I think it's a pretty early version of a falcon mascot cartoon character for USAFA. Maybe 1960's.

Let me see what I can find.

maddog1129

post-4140-0-51079600-1404829429.jpg I found a photo in Jack Engeman's "Air Force Academy: The life of a cadet" depicting the same cartoon football-helmeted falcon mascot character. The character is repeated 3 times on a sweatshirt a cadet is considering buying for a little brother. The latest date in the book is 1962.

attachicon.gifUSAFA falcon cartoon (466x640).jpg I found a photo in Jack Engeman's "Air Force Academy: The life of a cadet" depicting the same cartoon football-helmeted falcon mascot character. The character is repeated 3 times on a sweatshirt a cadet is considering buying for a little brother. The latest date in the book is 1962.

Thanks maddog1129. That confirms the ID for me. Thanks again, Al.